Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-10-2008, 12:10 AM   #1
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Free books for Sony & kindle

I noticed this earlier on Amazon that Random house is offering free downloads of several books. According to Amazon its available free until February. Pretty cool, 5 of these books were things I was definitely wanting to read and the rest looks good as well. the free downloads are up at the Sony store now as well:

Prague- Arthur Phillips
Caught Stealing- Charlie Huston
Six bad things- Charlie Huston
Murder List- Julie Garwood
The Foreign Correspondent- Alan First
The Idiot Girl & The Flaming Tantrum of Death- Laurie Notaro
Free-Range Chickens- Simon Rich
The Whiskey Rebels- David Liss
A dangerous man- Charlie Huston

Lisa
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Nice one. I downloaded them all except the idiot girl one.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 05:54 AM   #3
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
Thanks for that. I would never have found them.
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:59 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
And the link is....?

I didn't notice it on Amazon's main page. (Perhaps I need more coffee )

Note: I'm locating and downloading them title-by-title from the Sony site.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:42 AM   #5
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
It's in the kindle daily blog.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
And the link is....?

Don
The versions for the Kindle are on Amazon and the version for Sony Readers are at Sony. All you have to do is search for them to get them for free.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-10-2008 at 08:10 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
And the link is....?

Don
Here ya go, Dr. Drib. Its not that hard to post the link...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK3O8N8S0GGP1DB
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thank you, all --

I have them all now.

By the way, is there a way to search on Sony's ebook Library site for any titles whose price is equal to $0.00 ?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Thanks, just got the lot of them. Some great reading ahead. Only problem with these freebies is you get hooked on the authors and end up buying the rest of them. That just happened to me with Tess Gerritson.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #10
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Thanks, just got the lot of them. Some great reading ahead. Only problem with these freebies is you get hooked on the authors and end up buying the rest of them. That just happened to me with Tess Gerritson.
Ummmmm..... but that's the whole POINT!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #11
hackettt
Enthusiast
hackettt is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505
Sony Freebies

How does one find what books are being offered free through Sony? Can a person search by cost?

Cheers.
hackettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #12
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Thank you, all --

I have them all now.

By the way, is there a way to search on Sony's ebook Library site for any titles whose price is equal to $0.00 ?

Don
I don't think so, Dr. Dribbles. The only way I could find these free titles was by searching on the individual titles and authors. They aren't shown on their front page or on the pages of "specials" or "bundles". And you can't search on price. If you search on "Free" you get books with that in the title or description. However, you can go to a category (e.g., Fiction and Literature) and click on the sort by price button (either high to low or vice versa) and find them that way. Basically, Sony has some more work to do with their new site format.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You just pick a category, select price (low-high) and buy the ones that cost $0.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote