Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
pouzzler
pouzzler began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Garbled azw -> epub conversion

Hello,
I have owned a Sony PRS-T1 for half a year, and converted a lot of amazon ebooks without problems. Today a book came out garbled, by which I mean every few pages is a string that doesn't make any sense, like "salvagers themsel. Wgers thves." instead of "salvagers themselves."
I downloaded the book to Kindle for android on my phone, and there is no problem there.
I downloaded it again on the PC and converted again, and the problem is still present.

Does anyone have any hint or clue to elucidate this problem? Did Amazon maybe recently change their ebook format?

Best regards
pouzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
pouzzler
pouzzler began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Hello, thanks for your lightning fast answer.
I had forgotten it was a dual processus, from azw to mobi, then to epub. I opened the mobi in Calibre, and it presents the same bugs, even though the azw reads fine on an Amazon reader.

I suppose the fault lies either within the ebook itself, or in the dedrm plugin, and in any case, nothing can be done, am I correct?

Thanks again,
Best regards
pouzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouzzler View Post
Hello, thanks for your lightning fast answer.
I had forgotten it was a dual processus, from azw to mobi, then to epub. I opened the mobi in Calibre, and it presents the same bugs, even though the azw reads fine on an Amazon reader.

I suppose the fault lies either within the ebook itself, or in the dedrm plugin, and in any case, nothing can be done, am I correct?

Thanks again,
Best regards
Go ask Alf about you second problem
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote