Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Not running properly, Xubuntu 11.10, netbook

I have been using Calibre on my netbook for a while now.

I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 and then added in Xubuntu. I then went to the calibre download page to update Calibre, and it seemed to go fine.

But when I tried to start Calibre, I got the splash page and then it disappeared. It left a space in my panel for the icon, but the icon did not appear, and Calibre did not start up.

If I look in the system monitor, there are two Calibre processes.

If I try to start it through the terminal, it runs through a lot of lines about trying to start a new process in a child process and ultimately freezes and quits.

I have no idea why it is not working. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it a few times now.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run calibre as

calibre-debug -g

ina terminal and post the output you see in the terminal
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I stopped it after about an hour. The text from the terminal is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Calbire.txt (37.1 KB, 191 views)
Old 11-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just google

Requesting child objects for an interface that is a virtual child itself

and you will see dozens of bug reports about it with workarounds.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
DJHARKAVY
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Just google

Requesting child objects for an interface that is a virtual child itself

and you will see dozens of bug reports about it with workarounds.
THANK YOU!!!!

It was a big annoyance not to have access to Calibre. Back to normal again.
Advert