Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
duxtin
duxtin began at the beginning.

Device: Asus MemoPAD HD 7" (ME173x)
I only see a driveinfo.calibre file in my MTP android tablet.

After allowing Calibre to manage my tablet, I only see a driveinfo.calibre file whenever I plug it in to my laptop. I can't connect like I did usually before, and neither calibre nor the Windows explorer can see any more files beside that driveinfo.calibre.

I tried hooking it up to another PC and I see exactly the same thing, so it's not a Windows driver issue.

How can I revert my tablet to the usual MTP option? I'm using an Asus Memopad HD 7" (ME173x) with Android 4.2.

Thank you for your help!
duxtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
duxtin
duxtin began at the beginning.

Device: Asus MemoPAD HD 7" (ME173x)
Ok, nevermind, guys. I accidentally solved the problem.

Despite having restarted my tablet plenty of times after the incident, I decided to turn it off completely. After turning it on again, it was working perfectly fine.

I don't know if this will happen again if I let calibre work with my tablet. I'll update this if something happens.

Thank you again for your time, guys.
duxtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxtin View Post
I don't know if this will happen again if I let calibre work with my tablet. I'll update this if something happens.
Allowing calibre to manage your device is only in references to calibre. In no way does this action affect normal MTP processes of your device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, android 4.2, asus, mtp, mtp filesystem