Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-22-2015, 08:35 AM   #1
mcphantom
mcphantom began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ARC 7HD
Kobo 7 Arc 7HD - Custom ROM?

Hello, I'm new with the Kobo 7 Arc 7HD.

Someone know if there is a custom rom for the Kobo 7 Arc 7HD?

If not, is there any chance to get the factory rom to try to create a custom rom using certain mandatory parts of the original.

Thanks in advance.

mcphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does https://github.com/kobolabs/Kobo-Arc7HD help?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2015, 10:40 AM   #3
mcphantom

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your tip.

I will investigate and I'll let you know.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #4
mcphantom

PeterT it appears to me that the link you gave me point to a kernel source code? Am I right?

I'm not such an advanced developer. jeje
Old 01-22-2015, 04:49 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Correct. The issue is that as far as I know there has been little if any hacking done to the Kobo android devices.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2015, 07:42 AM   #6
mcphantom

Yeah, I saw that I've been looking for any custom ROM for Arc 7HD with no luck. The only thing is how to root. What I have in mind is to try to follow a guide on XDA on how to port a room.

Thanks PeterT!!!