Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2019, 07:37 PM   #46
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
Yeah - I also prefer silicone and wish something just like this, but in silicone, existed..

If you ever find something like that, please link it here!

I agree with you. For now though, this is certainly better than nothing and much better than "cutting the front flap off" from other case options (was my other idea)
Thanks for posting. I ordered a couple of those too just now.

I actually have cut the front flap off from cases in the past and it worked reasonably well. But it's better not having to do so, yep.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:13 PM   #47
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Thanks for posting. I ordered a couple of those too just now.

I actually have cut the front flap off from cases in the past and it worked reasonably well. But it's better not having to do so, yep.
Awesome!
Glad so many are happy to have found these..

It's amazing how hard it can be to find these types of things on Amazon for some reason. I don't even recall how I found it other than LOTS and lots of frustrated searching with all kinds of search terms, etc..

Makes me wonder if there's a silicone version out there "somewhere" we all just still haven't found yet
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #48
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
Awesome!
Glad so many are happy to have found these..

It's amazing how hard it can be to find these types of things on Amazon for some reason. I don't even recall how I found it other than LOTS and lots of frustrated searching with all kinds of search terms, etc..

Makes me wonder if there's a silicone version out there "somewhere" we all just still haven't found yet
I searched everywhere on Amazon, even for the 2017 cases, tpu, etc. nothing came up. did the same on ebay. still nothing. did multiple google searches and nothing. it's so bizarre and I'm so thankful you posted. I may not love it, but I can certainly live with it.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:40 PM   #49
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

and if I want to get really creative, I could cover it in leather to increase the grip
Old 12-06-2019, 08:57 PM   #50
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I searched EBay and AliExpress too. Nada. Zero. Zilch.
Advert
Old 12-06-2019, 09:10 PM   #51
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
I searched EBay and AliExpress too. Nada. Zero. Zilch.
a friend even gave me a link on alibaba. it was close, but no cigar. had a back cover that didn't come around and then a front cover and was actually pretty unattractive to me.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:22 PM   #52
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
No response to an ad I placed seeking someone to sit on the floor and hold my Kindle in front of me while I read. It would have eliminated the whole cold case issue. For me at least.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:45 PM   #53
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junket View Post
No response to an ad I placed seeking someone to sit on the floor and hold my Kindle in front of me while I read. It would have eliminated the whole cold case issue. For me at least.
go figure. you'd think at the holidays they'd be clamoring for the work. no tiny humans to torture who need timeouts?
Old 12-07-2019, 07:15 AM   #54
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
It doesn't ship to my country, I'm so sad!!! I really want it.
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:28 AM   #55
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanReads View Post
oh that really stinks!
Old 12-07-2019, 08:52 AM   #56
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I found this cover that looks to have a silicone back:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KZQ244R...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:57 AM   #57
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I found this cover that looks to have a silicone back:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KZQ244R...ing=UTF8&psc=1
I think @SusanReads, and a number of us, are looking for a full back cover only that is only silicone.

I had seen that one, but it isn't what I'm looking for.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #58
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanReads View Post
I ordered it from Amazon.de and used Mailboxde.com as a forwarder. They're pretty cheap. Just register with them to get a German address and use that to order from Amazon.de.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:38 AM   #59
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
I ordered it from Amazon.de and used Mailboxde.com as a forwarder. They're pretty cheap. Just register with them to get a German address and use that to order from Amazon.de.
great solution!
Old 12-08-2019, 12:29 AM   #60
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
I always order from Amazon.de, but I can't find this item there?
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cases, whining