Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 03:14 AM   #1
GoldThreader
Zealot
GoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo
Error Communicating with Device Calibre

Trying to add books to my SD in my nook and i get this

[Errno 13] Permission denied

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 81, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 405, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 263, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\cli.py", line 59, in put_file
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
GoldThreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:24 AM   #2
GoldThreader
Zealot
GoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheese

reformatted the micro sd card and i get this now i got this instead its impossible for it to have no space left nothing is on it

calibre, version 0.8.26
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 28] No space left on device

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 947, in dispatch_sync_event
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1147, in sync_to_device
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 452, in get_preferred_formats_from_ids
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1251, in copy_format_to
File "shutil.py", line 51, in copyfileobj
IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

Last edited by GoldThreader; 11-14-2011 at 03:35 AM.
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 03:58 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
For assistance review this page in the FAQ.

What format did you use in the reformat? Try FAT32.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:09 AM   #4
GoldThreader
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post

FAT32 is exactly what format i picked and write protection isnt the problem because i can click and drag files perfectly onto it

Last edited by GoldThreader; 11-14-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post

There is a (different) limit on the number of Files and folders in the ROOT of a FAT or FAT32 drive. That limit does not exist on sub-directories.
check to see how many files AND folders you have in the root folder.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There is a (different) limit on the number of Files and folders in the ROOT of a FAT or FAT32 drive. That limit does not exist on sub-directories.
A FAT16 formatted SD card has a limit of 512 entries (or less) in the root. A FAT32 SD card, however, can hold unlimited (in theory) files in the root.

Unlike FAT16, the root folder on a FAT32 drive is an ordinary cluster chain. It can be located anywhere and can add more clusters to the chain, as needed. If he really has FAT32, root folder limits shouldn't be an issue.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
GoldThreader
Zealot

Quote:
there is nothing on the card itself when i formatted it there was nothing left on it all i did was drag a document onto it then removed it just to see if it worked after formatting so write protection and storage space is not an issue so to answer your question on folders and files is a whopping 0 untill i inserted it into my nook then it had the 2 calibre files in it but i still get those errors upon trying to send a book to it and it takes a while for these pop ups to show up as if calibre is trying to send it but it just fails but i cant tell because calibre never shows me how much is done on the jobs page no ETA on it

Last edited by GoldThreader; 11-14-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldThreader View Post
there is nothing on the card itself when i formatted it there was nothing left on it all i did was drag a document onto it then removed it just to see if it worked after formatting so write protection and storage space is not an issue so to answer your question on folders and files is a whopping 0 untill i inserted it into my nook then it had the 2 calibre files in it but i still get those errors upon trying to send a book to it and it takes a while for these pop ups to show up as if calibre is trying to send it but it just fails but i cant tell because calibre never shows me how much is done on the jobs page no ETA on it
OK
Not a basic file system problem.

How big was the test (drag and drop) document?
Did you try and open it (while it was still on the Nook) from Windows, after the transfer completed?
The reason I ask, is I have a device that causes a USB fault if used in USB2.0 mode on ANY computer with a Intel 82801 chipset. (I used to think it was Windows drivers, but then I had it do that with Ubuntu).
Old 11-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #9
GoldThreader
Zealot

Quote:
OK
Not a basic file system problem.

How big was the test (drag and drop) document?
Did you try and open it (while it was still on the Nook) from Windows, after the transfer completed?
The reason I ask, is I have a device that causes a USB fault if used in USB2.0 mode on ANY computer with a Intel 82801 chipset. (I used to think it was Windows drivers, but then I had it do that with Ubuntu).
not very big just a word document and it opens automatically when i insert the nook into my computer
Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
not very big just a word document and it opens automatically when i insert the nook into my computer
Scratch that idea
Something on your computer is getting in the way of Calibre writing files.
I would exclude your Nook from all realtime scans (A/V, Malware) and see if anything changes.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:43 AM   #11
GoldThreader
Zealot

Quote:
Scratch that idea
Something on your computer is getting in the way of Calibre writing files.
I would exclude your Nook from all realtime scans (A/V, Malware) and see if anything changes.
well my AV expired and i removed it but calibre writes to my nook just not the micro SD so unless windows firewall can block it i dont see what could prevent it

Last edited by GoldThreader; 11-16-2011 at 03:00 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
well my AV expired and i removed it but calibre writes to my nook just not the micro SD so unless windows firewall can block it i dont see what could prevent it
Post the 'New Device' debug information, maybe something changed and the Calibre driver Guru, Kovid will see it.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #13
GoldThreader
Zealot

Quote:
Post the 'New Device' debug information, maybe something changed and the Calibre driver Guru, Kovid will see it.
how do i go about doing that?
Old 11-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
how do i go about doing that?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...09&postcount=1