Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #16
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
perhaps epub is something I'd like to look into later!
Since I have all sources available from all books (in HTML),I guess it won't be hard to convert them any time.

But at the moment I'm a little caught up in converting books to LRF format, since not many people know how to do that; it has an added complexity to it..

Once most books I've targeted as possible good books to convert are converted to LRF; from the HTML (sources) I have, I might take on learning epub format.

Zelda,you seem very busy with Epub!
It would be nice to add a nice update on the Wiki, with short basic info there!
The problem why I haven't looked into it, is because it's a lot of info, and little time to read. If you somehow can crunch it in a small package on the wiki; I might read it faster, then having to browse through forum questions and replies.

I think it definitely is an interesting format to learn about (as soon as I have some time to take on something else).
But the conversions of books to LRF are currently taking up a lot of my time, as well as my daily life, and forumming.
I'm not only active in this forum (I try to keep updated on many technological forums as well).
sometimes I wished I could split myself in 4, and learn/work 4 times as fast!

I hope you understand

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-28-2009 at 08:36 PM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
if i can ask you, why are making lrf files ? those can only be read by sony devices and are not easy to convert into anything else. epub can *also* be read natively by sony 505 and 700, but has the advantage of being easily convertible to other formats. if you're working in html already it's not hard to make epub files.

and epub is much better for archiving your files as well ; lrf is a closed, proprietary format, so it could easily become obsolete. epub is an open, standard format ; it can be read by any web browser as well as more and more devices and dedicated viewers, and sinc it's based on xhtml, which is basically a text format, it is highly unlikely you would ever find yourself unable to open the file to read it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #18
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
ProDigit--

I will definitely be downloading your version of the Bible. I'm also going to try your suggestions regarding the version I currently have--just want to see if I can make it work! Like I've mentioned before, I've downloaded it and transferred it to my Sony 505 several times. But, I've always used the Sony software, next time I'll use Windows Explorer.

Regarding the ePub/LRF debate, one thing I notice when reading ePub files on my 505 is that with an ePub file it can take the Table of Contents quite awhile to load while the LRF TOC's load instantaneously. This is the only reason I can think of that ePub would not be the preferable format for something like the Bible--where the user may be accessing the TOC frequently.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book designer, limitation, lrf