Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 08:18 AM   #211
mngharry
Enthusiast
mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PRS-505
This is probably a very stupid question, but how do you start this program? When I double click on the .jar file, nothing happens. Got to work it!

Last edited by mngharry; 05-19-2009 at 08:40 AM.
mngharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:04 AM   #212
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
OK, I tried going PDF->EPUB and had the following problem:

Code:
C:\Users\Simon\Desktop>java -Xms200M -Xmx300M -jar LRFTools-v0.9.211.jar convertPDF ebooks -d ebooks
Loading 'EvidenceExplained.pdf' 885 pages -----------java.io.IOException: Not implemented
        at org.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.color.PDSeparation.createColorSpace(PDSeparation.java:110)
        at org.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.color.PDColorSpaceInstance.createColor(PDColorSpaceInstance.java:79)
        at org.pdfbox.util.operator.pagedrawer.SetStrokingCMYKColor.process(SetStrokingCMYKColor.java:61)
        at org.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processOperator(PDFStreamEngine.java:452)
        at org.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processSubStream(PDFStreamEngine.java:215)
        at org.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processStream(PDFStreamEngine.java:174)
        at org.pdfbox.pdfviewer.PageDrawer.drawPage(PageDrawer.java:110)
        at lrf.pdf.PDFSerializer.procPDF(PDFSerializer.java:91)
        at lrf.pdf.PDFSerializer.recurse(PDFSerializer.java:33)
        at lrf.RecurseDirs.convertPDFActionParams(RecurseDirs.java:242)
        at lrf.RecurseDirs.<init>(RecurseDirs.java:91)
        at lrf.RecurseDirs.main(RecurseDirs.java:41)
Any ideas?
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 07:05 AM   #213
elinares
Xtreme Quijote
elinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
OK, I tried going PDF->EPUB and had the following problem:

Code:
C:\Users\Simon\Desktop>java -Xms200M -Xmx300M -jar LRFTools-v0.9.211.jar convertPDF ebooks -d ebooks
Loading 'EvidenceExplained.pdf' 885 pages -----------java.io.IOException: Not implemented
        at org.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.color.PDSeparation.createColorSpace(PDSeparation.java:110)
        at org.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.color.PDColorSpaceInstance.createColor(PDColorSpaceInstance.java:79)
        at org.pdfbox.util.operator.pagedrawer.SetStrokingCMYKColor.process(SetStrokingCMYKColor.java:61)
        at org.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processOperator(PDFStreamEngine.java:452)
        at org.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processSubStream(PDFStreamEngine.java:215)
        at org.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processStream(PDFStreamEngine.java:174)
        at org.pdfbox.pdfviewer.PageDrawer.drawPage(PageDrawer.java:110)
        at lrf.pdf.PDFSerializer.procPDF(PDFSerializer.java:91)
        at lrf.pdf.PDFSerializer.recurse(PDFSerializer.java:33)
        at lrf.RecurseDirs.convertPDFActionParams(RecurseDirs.java:242)
        at lrf.RecurseDirs.<init>(RecurseDirs.java:91)
Any ideas?
Bad luck. The library pdfbox don't support all images on pdf. You can try to 'print' your pdf to a BullZip printer or similar. This generate other pdf (identical) but sometimes windows reprocess images and converts it to other format...
elinares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:12 AM   #214
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by elinares View Post
Bad luck. The library pdfbox don't support all images on pdf. You can try to 'print' your pdf to a BullZip printer or similar. This generate other pdf (identical) but sometimes windows reprocess images and converts it to other format...
BullZip didn't work, will try other ones later, oh well
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #215
humanehero
humanehero began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
First off, thanks for the great program! It's really a life saver when all I have are LRFs that I need in another format.

While converting somewhere close to 500 books, every once in awhile, the program would get hung up on one book and stop converting. This happened on about twenty different books. Here is the error message I get.

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
at java.nio.Buffer.checkIndex(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.getInt(Unknown Source)
at lrf.buffer.MappedReader.getInt(MappedReader.java:7 0)
at lrf.objects.Book.loadObjects(Book.java:339)
at lrf.objects.Book.<init>(Book.java:112)
at lrf.RecurseDirs.convertAction(RecurseDirs.java:525 )
at lrf.RecurseDirs.convertActionParams(RecurseDirs.ja va:352)
at lrf.RecurseDirs.<init>(RecurseDirs.java:89)
humanehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #216
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanehero View Post
First off, thanks for the great program! It's really a life saver when all I have are LRFs that I need in another format.

While converting somewhere close to 500 books, every once in awhile, the program would get hung up on one book and stop converting. This happened on about twenty different books. Here is the error message I get.

Hi, could you PM me with a link to one or some of these books?
Old 06-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #217
erictice
erictice began at the beginning.

Device: sony
API

Has anyone tried this in code rather than command line? I am just trying to try the PDF2EPUB_HTML and not having any luck
erictice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #218
erictice
erictice began at the beginning.

Device: sony
I am trying to use the api in a JAVA app and can't seem to get it to convert the pdf. The documentation in the code is non-existent does anyone have a sample of how to do PDF2EPUB_HTML()
erictice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #219
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanehero View Post

at java.nio.Buffer.checkIndex(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.getInt(Unknown Source)
at lrf.buffer.MappedReader.getInt(MappedReader.java:7 0)
at lrf.objects.Book.loadObjects(Book.java:339)
at lrf.objects.Book.<init>(Book.java:112)
at lrf.RecurseDirs.convertAction(RecurseDirs.java:525 )
at lrf.RecurseDirs.convertActionParams(RecurseDirs.ja va:352)
at lrf.RecurseDirs.<init>(RecurseDirs.java:89)
Hmm, i cannot open none of these books with sony library (it says it's corrupted)
Old 06-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #220
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictice View Post
I am trying to use the api in a JAVA app and can't seem to get it to convert the pdf. The documentation in the code is non-existent does anyone have a sample of how to do PDF2EPUB_HTML()
Hi, this class is actually deprecated. See "lrf.RecurseDirs.convertPDFActionParams" function. You will see there is two modes of conversion from PDF to EPUB: classes PDF2SVG and PDFSerializer, the preferred.

And yes, there is no info on the code...
Old 06-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #221
humanehero
humanehero began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
hmm... okay. Thanks for trying anyway. I appreciate it. I guess I'll just download them again.
humanehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #222
Shadowdh
Shadowdh began at the beginning.

Device: Win mobile
Hi there, I have a few lrf type ebooks and I want to convert them to either lit format or txt, doc or rtf format... so after a search I found this site and have tried to follow the instructions as they are in this thread... after changing to the LRFTools directory as specified in this thread also I typed out java -Xms200M -Xmx300M -jar LRFTools.jar convertLRF c:\eBooks -RTF and it came back with the message error occurred during initialisation of VM, Too small initial heap... not sure what that means... can anyone help out? I only have about 13 books to convert as I mainly use MSreader or uBook... Many thanks in advance... oh and I should mention that I am not too computer savvy...
Shadowdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #223
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
A great Thank You to Elinares for this wonderful tool!
And to Lionfish too for his gui which simplifies novice's life!
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:49 AM   #224
svsmailus
svsmailus began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
any ideas?

Hi,

Trying to get readable PDF's on my iphone. The following images is the output. I'm running Vista business. any help would be greatly appreciated:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	32395  
svsmailus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #225
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: who knows?
Hi!

I just found this thread and tool. Looks quite promising, I will take a look and try!

Just two questions for the moment:

- Since you already have XML and HTML conversion, will be possible a new and direct .FB2 conversion/output format? This would allow to share and use all .LRF files around with many e-readers, as EPUB should do (well, .RTF is a similar story and headache) if specs are finally added and correctly programmed to devices.

- Today, I also found (IMHO) a quite useful application: LRF2LRF (Font and Margin modifyer) (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24978), would be interesting to merge it to this project also, in some way?

Thanks!
Regards!
jotas is offline   Reply With Quote