Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Paid removal of special offers keep returning

I finally paid the $20 for the removal of special offers on my Touch. After it connected wireless, a box popped up saying removal of ads were complete, and yes they were gone.
Next I installed the touch screensaver hack to get some custom ones and as soon as the update completed rebooting, the special offers screensaver and bottom bar were back!
I logged into the manage your kindle page on amazon, installed special offers again, then removed special offers again after a minute. Wireless connected and they were gone again.
I installed a few custom screensavers, rebooted, and the stupid special offers is back again! Can I not do any customization without that coming back? Any suggestions or ideas would be most welcome, as I doubt amazon would be interested in the cause of the offers coming back.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
I finally paid the $20 for the removal of special offers on my Touch. After it connected wireless, a box popped up saying removal of ads were complete, and yes they were gone.
Next I installed the touch screensaver hack to get some custom ones and as soon as the update completed rebooting, the special offers screensaver and bottom bar were back!
I logged into the manage your kindle page on amazon, installed special offers again, then removed special offers again after a minute. Wireless connected and they were gone again.
I installed a few custom screensavers, rebooted, and the stupid special offers is back again! Can I not do any customization without that coming back? Any suggestions or ideas would be most welcome, as I doubt amazon would be interested in the cause of the offers coming back.
It is not the 'hack' it is the re-boot.

So tell Amazon about them coming back after every re-boot, they will fix that (no need to mention WHY you re-booted).

Yours it not the first report of this problem with the Amazon ad remover.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2013, 02:16 AM   #3
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
good point, I'll try to tell them. I searched and didn't find any other problems with this?

edit: I just emailed them and they want me to call. I won't be able to connect to wifi until tomorrow, so we shall see then. Thanks!

edit: Finally called and Amazon suggested factory reset. Done. Now to reload everything I want. Thanks!

Last edited by brianinmaine; 02-07-2013 at 12:00 AM.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote