Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
Nixx72
Nixx72 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Help please!

I've recently changed from a sony reader to a kindle.

Calibre will not let me put the books I bought for my sony reader onto my kindle saying they are drm protected.

Surely there must be a way round this as I have already bought the books!!!

Any help will be appreciated.
Nixx72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please use more meaningful thread titles. "Help please" doesn't tell anyone what your problem is.

We can't discuss detailed instructions for DRM removal here, but Google for "Apprentice Alf" and all your questions will be answered.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
Nixx72
Nixx72 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thankyou for your help.
Nixx72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You're very welcome.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
arturox
Enthusiast
arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.arturox is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo
Help please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

We can't discuss detailed instructions for DRM removal here, but Google for "Apprentice Alf" and all your questions will be answered.
Some will be answered, but not all will succeed.

I have a number of things installed, including Alf's pet Python, But I also have one DRM item that just will not shed its load no matter which of the toys in my possession I try on it.

AX
arturox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturox View Post
Some will be answered, but not all will succeed.

I have a number of things installed, including Alf's pet Python, But I also have one DRM item that just will not shed its load no matter which of the toys in my possession I try on it.

AX
There is a lot of things you cannot do. For example there is no known method of cracking the DRM. Please note that that is completely different from removing the DRM that you legally have access to. Also make sure you research BEFORE buying a book if you will be able to read it on your desired device.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturox View Post
Topaz? I refused to buy them for a couple years. Then I got weak and have gotten a few lately. Will be needing to break out my old laptop to remember how to deal with them since I used to have non-Calibre success. Just don't remember how.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote