Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Reading life question

I'll have to exchange my Kobo Touch for a new/refurbished one, and was wondering if my reading life Stats and Awards will be saved when I sync my new KT? Some of the reading life things I don't need but I'm 50% done the juggernaut award, so I want to keep that one.

P.S I never realized how much I actually read untill I got the KT with reading stats, 60 hours and 4100 page turns since Sept 5
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
As far as I know the stats and awards are kept on the Kobobooks server so they should reappear in your new Kobo.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok Thanks.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_a_smith View Post
As far as I know the stats and awards are kept on the Kobobooks server so they should reappear in your new Kobo.
Only, of course, up to the point that the OP last synched his Touch
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Only, of course, up to the point that the OP last synched his Touch
Yes. Otherwise it would be just plain creepy
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
The Terminator
Retired

Yes I'll sync right before I send it back next Friday.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:12 PM   #7
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
Your awards will carry-over....but I don't thing your stats will. I had to do a factory reset of my KT a while back and lost all my reading stats. Everything was set back to zero and I had definitely synced the KT a number of times before I had the problem.
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
JedV
Kobo Toucher
JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1192 View Post
Your awards will carry-over....but I don't thing your stats will. I had to do a factory reset of my KT a while back and lost all my reading stats. Everything was set back to zero and I had definitely synced the KT a number of times before I had the problem.
I had the exact same experience with a factory reset. If you had partial awards (like 62% of the way to Juggernaut, or 80% of Witching Hour), that progress will likely be lost.
JedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #9
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
I had the exact same experience with a factory reset. If you had partial awards (like 62% of the way to Juggernaut, or 80% of Witching Hour), that progress will likely be lost.
Mine wasn't - I did countless resets with the firmware bug and my partial awards were always retained. But I also use kobo for android so perhaps that is part of the reason they were retained.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #10
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.

Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
Your awards progress should stay, but your stats will be gone. I managed to accidentally delete the Kobo app from my iPad, and upon reinstalling, all of my stats had returned to zero, but all my awards were exactly the same.
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote