Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Boxing week deal from Kobo

So, interested in getting a Kobo Arc but still not sure about it? The $20 gift card that was being offered not enough to seal the deal for you? How about a free Kobo Mini?

Yeah. I gotta say, it's the most unique Boxing Week sale incentive I've seen in quite a while. Buy any Arc, get a free Mini.

Sale starts 2012-12-26.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm confused. Is this a sale in Canada?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
coreslogic
coreslogic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm confused. Is this a sale in Canada?

Yes chapters Canada.
coreslogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:44 AM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Also in Australia, but only for the 64GB Arc.

BTW I thought the Arc was only going to be 32 and 64GB. Appears we have a 16GB as well.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I had given the wife an Arc for Xmas but as of yet it is not opened, I think we might go to Chapters today and do an exchange of it and the $20 gift card for an Arc and Mini.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreslogic View Post
Yes chapters Canada.
I know that, and if the above post had named that retailer I would have figured out the context. But there are no identifying details.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I had given the wife an Arc for Xmas but as of yet it is not opened, I think we might go to Chapters today and do an exchange of it and the $20 gift card for an Arc and Mini.
When I bought mine online through Indigo, there was a $ 20 gift card offer but I never did receive it. I thought it might be in the box but nothing..should probably call them. I would have liked the Mini deal😄
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just returned from Chapters and no issues at all doing the "upgrade". Apparently it's been a fairly common occurrence today; even the cashier who served us had done it.

We retained the same Arc as I had picked up earlier, and just exchanged the $20 gift card for a Mini, and signed a store return receipt.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #9
kindle88
kindle88 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Jealous

Nice to hear you all taking advantage of the great offers.

I bought my Kobo Arc early December at Indigo. It's a pity I will not be "rewarded" as an "early adopter". No $20 gift card, no free Kobo Mini for me.
kindle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
pilotguy
pilotguy began at the beginning.

I already used my Gift card (towards a sleepcover) but maybe if I pay them the $20 I can get the Mini. My father in law would like it. On that thought, maybe HE should pay the $20...

Will give it a go in a few days and report back. I believe the offer is good 'til the 6th.
pilotguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Well one option MIGHT be to purchase a new $20 gift card!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #12
eTess
Enthusiast
eTess began at the beginning.

Yeah - had I known there would be this special offer so soon, I'd have held off ordering (I ordered mine in late Nov) In fact, I ordered mine the day BEFORE the $20 gift card offer started, so I've paid twice for buying mine so soon...seems a little unfair to the early adopters, however, I figure if this is the worst problem I'm facing right now, my life is pretty good
eTess is offline   Reply With Quote