Notices

Old 03-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
yuriman2002
Bibliobibulus
yuriman2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
Kindle dictionary and .mobi books?

Hi all,
Does the built-in Kindle dictionary work with non-Kindle e-books? I am particularly asking about .mobi files, either downloaded from a site like manybooks.net or converted via Calibre?
I am thinking of getting a Kindle, but the ability to use the "point-and-define" feature is essential... If it's limited to native .azw files only, then it's a no-go.
Your input is greatly appreciated!
Yuri
- - - - - - - -
"When all books fail, write your own."
yuriman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Hi yes the dictionary works with other mobi files. I also get ebooks from manybooks and feedbooks and no problems with either. The dictionary is a very good feature.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
yuriman2002
Bibliobibulus
yuriman2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
Thank you, PoshM!
Good to know. And thanks for mentioning Feedbooks - I checked it out, and its public-domain section has titles that I couldn't find on Manybooks. Another great source of good reads!
Yuri
yuriman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote