Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 03:40 AM   #1
radcliffe287
radcliffe287 began at the beginning.

Device: sony i-touch
Duplicate books

I have a large (16 mb) SD card installed on my PRS-600 e-reader. It works well. But, probably by my own clumsiness or haste, I have ended up with many books which are duplicated on both the reader and the card. Is there an easy way to remove duplicates? This probobably occurred when syncing new books to the reader, because the process just stops when its own memory is full, and doesn't automarically "overflow" onto the SD card (so I started syncing again directly to the card). It's hardly a seamless memory extension!
radcliffe287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:11 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Open two Windows Explorer Windows side by side, and list main memory in one, and the memory card in the other. Should be easy to spot the dupes and delete them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
radcliffe287

Thanks for a quick response! I have just tried this (though it wasn't obvious which device was the Reader and which the Card); I thought I had deleted the dupes, but they were still there when I disconnected the USB and restarted the Reader. But even if it had worked, how can I avoid it happening again? Sorry to be thick - I'm an experienced PC user, but completely new to the Reader and its software.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:26 AM   #4
donald1
Enthusiast
donald1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
To be honost, you can not avoid this. The PRS-600 does not check (neither on file name, neither on tags, neither on content). You can use specific PC utilities which can detect duplicate files. Just google.... and you will find some free utilities.
donald1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
radcliffe287

Thanks!
Advert

Tags
duplicates, sd card, syncing