Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you purchase an extended warranty on the vox?
Yes 4 28.57%
No 10 71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
ron1959
Connoisseur
ron1959 began at the beginning.

Device: potential kobo vox owner
Is an extended warranty worth it?

For the people that have bought the vox, did you tack on an extended warranty and how much was it?
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Future shop wanted to sell us their extended warranty for $40, but as usual I refused it. I may consider getting kobo's, particularly since this will be a 10 year old's tablet and accidents do happen.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
ron1959
Connoisseur
ron1959 began at the beginning.

Device: potential kobo vox owner
Yea $40 seems too high for an extended warranty.
I wonder if it would be cheaper through BB or Chapters?
BTW - did you have to pay an eco fee too?
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
trek790
Enthusiast
trek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Vox
I purchased mine on a Platinum card which gives me an extra year's warranty.
trek790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
The chances of me still having/using my Vox in two years' time is pretty close to zero, as something way better (and cheaper, lol) will be in my hands before then
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
Future shop wanted to sell us their extended warranty for $40, but as usual I refused it. I may consider getting kobo's, particularly since this will be a 10 year old's tablet and accidents do happen.
I was thinking about my 7 year old granddaughter when I bought the Vox, so I got the Kobo silver warranty .
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
Annibronte
Enthusiast
Annibronte has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3,Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
FS offered me one for $40 too, I declined. Next offer-'How about if I knock $10 off?' So it sounds like there may be flexibility there. I'm not adverse to extended warranties-just the ones that require acts of parliament to be honored.
Annibronte is offline   Reply With Quote