Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
TerriG
TerriG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Reading PDF's on Kindle 2

When I'm reading my e-books I can't read the charts or graphs within the book. Is there any way around this??
TerriG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
MdeFW
MdeFW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
try A-PDF Extractor
MdeFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
The only workaround I know for this is to set the Kindle to display in landscape mode (hit the font size button to get the option).

It will then display the page in landscape mode (you have to turn the reader sideways) about half a page at a time. Everything on the page is magnified accordingly.

The first screen-worth will be from the top of the page to about 45% down; hit "next page" and the second screen-worth will be from 45% down to 90% down; hit "next page" again and the last screen-worth will be the last 10% of the page. Alas I don't see any way to rearrange what part(s) of the page the screen displays, so if you have important information 45% down the page it may get broken up between two screen-worths.

I hope this is helpful.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote