Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #76
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Qian Xiu Cao ("Mighty Herb") and Xiao Lyu Yu ("Little Green Jade") are pleased to announce the arrival of their new egg:

Looks like this one will take after Mom.

Also, in addition to a new "frilled" dragon type (green eggs with an orange swoosh), it is now possible to breed two stone dragons to get a "geode" dragon (crystaline wings). I just got a second stone egg. Hopefully this one will turn out to be male....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #77
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mei Bai Yi (daughter of Xiao Bai Yi and Qiang Bai Xue) and Kui Cang Bing have the pleasure of announcing their first egg:

Other than posting here, I'm going to wait a day before adding new eggs to any sig lines, to see if that helps with the soft shell problem.
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #78
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I managed to snag one of the new eggs!

I shouldn't feel so pleased, really. But y'know, anything they try to keep you from getting....
Old 02-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #79
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Just a note-- apparently there are special "Valentine's Day" eggs today. Possibly only today-- I'm not sure. They look like this: I haven't been able to spot one in the cave or the main page, and I'm full up anyway, so I couldn't pick one up even if I wanted to. Maybe one of my existing eggs will hatch before there aren't any more of these, or maybe not.

Edit: If you're at the Dragon Cave page looking for these, the description is "This egg is speckled and very fragile." There's a limit of 2 per person. It's not clear yet if the grown-up dragons will be able to breed or not.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #80
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm abandoning this game. It's just not that interesting.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 04:16 AM   #81
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm abandoning this game. It's just not that interesting.
Does it appeal more to girls than guys?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #82
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I'm not sure which gender it might appeal more to. I think it appeals more to younger players, though. I'm getting a bit bored with it myself, but there's a new kind of egg that can only be gotten by breeding, which makes it a bit more interesting to me.

I think a simple genetics system would make the game a lot more interesting, because then you could get an egg with a "rare" type in its ancestry and try to discover if maybe it was carrying a hidden gene for the rare color, and try to expose it through careful breeding. But apparently a lot of the other players prefer the game as it is, where the people with the fastest connections and time to sit and refresh-click-refresh-click all day are the only ones who get rare eggs.

I'll play it for a bit longer, to see if I can manage to produce some new "geode" dragons, but then if there isn't something more interesting happening, I'll probably quit. There's not an awful lot of choice and variety in the game, and I was always more into Legos than dolls.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #83
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I like your genetics idea, neko. Following a trait in the ancestry of a creature would be interesting.

My beef with the game is the egg distribution method. It seems like the interesting stuff only goes to the fastest clickers. I spent half an hour trying to get one of the special eggs last night before giving up. I'm really surprised you managed to get any, neko.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #84
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
You should be able to give your dragon ninja training as it grows; and then send it out to fight other people's dragons.

Virtual conkers!!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #85
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I threw myself on the mercy of some kind folks in the forums over there with faster connections and fingers than I have. That's the only reason I have the Valentine's Day eggs. (And that meant I had to temporarily give out a password to my account, too.)

I need another project like I need a hole in my head, but I was joking with Zelda last week about inventing "Unicorn Forest" or something, to be an improvement on the "quick click" game. I found a few online games to breed chickens, horses, fish, etc., but nothing quite like this kind of sig line game.

I think another improvement would be making it easier to give or trade offspring and even adults.

And I would eliminate the whole "soft shell/hatchling sickness" thing-- I only participate in two online forums, and if I post an egg in either one, I have to fog it half the time or it will die. What fun is that? No one else gets any fun out of watching the eggs hatch that way.

But I'm a slow programmer, and as I said, I really don't need another project right now. (Full time work, grad school, family, anxiety attacks... ) I'm just full of bright ideas if someone else wants to take it on, though.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #86
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
You should be able to give your dragon ninja training as it grows; and then send it out to fight other people's dragons.

Virtual conkers!!
I think there's an online Pokemon game that does that. Not my thing, but I believe it's quite popular.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:34 PM   #87
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

A very kind person has given me a silver egg:

Ooh... Aahhh...
Old 02-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #88
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
so what's it going to hatch into ? is it a paper dragon ?

and what happened to nate's 4 pink eggs ?? i was curious to see what they would turn into.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #89
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

No, a paper dragon egg looks like it's made out of folded paper. This will be a silver dragon, able (theoretically) to produce more silver eggs.

I read on the dragoncave forums that there will be another special egg at Easter that will hatch into a chocolate covered dragon with bunny ears...
Old 02-17-2009, 01:49 AM   #90
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Xiao Shi Tou ("Little Stone") has become quite the mathematician, using her collection of different stones as an abacus. She is also a philosopher, spending long hours in deep contemplation. It took quite an effort for Tai Feng Er to gain her attention, but his airy grace eventually won her heart.

Tai Feng Er ("Highest Wind") was surprised to find himself drawn to the depths of a canyon, where he came upon Xiao Shi Tou and was unexpectedly drawn to her slow smile and contemplative thoughts.

Their first mating produced two Skywing eggs:
and . Unfortunately, the second egg rolled out of the nest, and no one seems to have found and adopted it. What shall we do? Perhaps I will display it in my sig anyway, and hope it successfully grows up in the wilderness.