Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #5176
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool ...fanart finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Nice fanart finds Alan.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #5177
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

I posted these a while back and just that thought some folks might have missed 'em.

Oh, I have seen them. Watched them (after all it was me complaining in being unable to find written samples) - and was a little MEH. Jim Butcher, while funny, is a bad narrator for audiobooks. He talks too fast and a bit too slurry (?) - and maybe it is the audio quality of phone recorded youtube. For me it is hard to follow even professional recorded audiobooks. I will have to try again when the book comes out.

But, it did appear to have Jim's style of writing, so dismissing the book because of poor audio is not entirely fair.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #5178
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:

Loup Garou by Jean-Baptiste Andreae
Pinned from
howlingbastards.tumblr.com

I'm torn between being terrified and awestruck!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #5179
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
[Snip] Jim Butcher, while funny, is a bad narrator for audiobooks. He talks too fast and a bit too slurry (?) - and maybe it is the audio quality of phone recorded youtube. For me it is hard to follow even professional recorded audiobooks. I will have to try again when the book comes out.

But, it did appear to have Jim's style of writing, so dismissing the book because of poor audio is not entirely fair.
This..And I think, I just really don't like to be read to. I prefer to be the one reading to others (or myself).
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #5180
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Harry, Thomas and Mouse

Advert
Old 12-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #5181
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I'm torn between being terrified and awestruck!
This one is awesome!!!!!!!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #5182
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Complete Christian McGrath painting of Harry - My favorite

[click on picture for a larger size]

Last edited by alansplace; 12-18-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #5183
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool April is Molly (the model was Pricilla Spencer)

Last edited by alansplace; 12-18-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #5184
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
I've reread the whole series and now is time for Skin Game at last. No comments.

Meanwhile I think I've found Lara

Last edited by varlog; 12-18-2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: image too big, so only link
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:13 PM   #5185
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I love McGrath's covers. I have to admit I have bought a book or two, purely because his cover caught my eye.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #5186
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Chris McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I love McGrath's covers. I have to admit I have bought a book or two, purely because his cover caught my eye.
Yep! Me too, recently this one grabbed my attention:

It turned out to be Chris McGrath's cover for the 8th book in the October Daye series by Seanan McGuire! I've now read the first 3 and eventually I'll get to #8. Like with Dresden, Chris has done all the covers in the October Daye series!

By the way, I like his Dresden Files covers despite the imaginary black hat.

Last edited by alansplace; 12-19-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #5187
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Puppy Mouse

Last edited by alansplace; 12-21-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #5188
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:

Cute.

Reminds me of this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryDresden
Why did you buy large breed puppy food?

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 12-21-2014 at 02:31 PM. Reason: quoted post got changed to different picture
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #5189
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
Quote:

Cute indeed. Look at the big paw! High five!
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #5190
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:

That "puppy" looks like he is the size of my fully grown mini aussie.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy