Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #61
PhilWA
Edge User

Is it possible to watch movies now - with the Ermine upgrade? Netflix, Hulu?

Old 04-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #62
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilWA View Post
Is it possible to watch movies now - with the Ermine upgrade? Netflix, Hulu?
Neither are available to an Android device - yet. Hulu plus is supposedly working on an app. Netflix is more complicated,see this
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives...d_bad_news.php
TV.com works well, and is available from the Amazon app store.

Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 02:50 AM   #63
PhilWA
Edge User

TV.com on Dingo

WOW - Thanks for telling me about TV.com. I downloaded the apk and it works perfectly with Dingo, so I don't need to get Ermine yet. Won't be able to resist for long, but at least I can watch TV shows now!

Old 04-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #64
Hopi
Edge User

Offline update for ermine??

Is it possible to download a zip file for the ermine beta update?

I'm still dragging my foot in this and would like to give it a few days before making a decision whether to do the update and risk messing my functioning big eDGe. I'm avidly following the posts about the ermine experience and am weighing the pros and cons in view of a big deadline that I have soon. I'm afraid my eDGe will become problematic and I'll lose focus (a case of once bitten twice shy ).

Old 04-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #65
Michealj
Edge User

Hi, I had some other questions into support and asked if there was a way I could archive a copy of Ermine for later use. This was their response to me: "With regard to your concern about downloading the Ermine Beta to your PC for later update, you can only download the software using your eDGe." So, not at this time.

Micheal

Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #66
dcubed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealj View Post
Hi, I had some other questions into support and asked if there was a way I could archive a copy of Ermine for later use. This was their response to me: "With regard to your concern about downloading the Ermine Beta to your PC for later update, you can only download the software using your eDGe." So, not at this time.

Micheal
Uh-oh. I can't connect to Entourage from China (where I am until July) with my Edge because of the Firewall. I can connect via my laptop, though. Any ideas? I was going to dl the update, too, and install from my pc.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #67
Michealj
Edge User

I have to ask, if the laptop can get through why not the edge?

Micheal

Old 04-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #68
dcubed2
Edge User

I can get to the regular Entourage site - but I can't use any of the built-in Edge sites, like updating or the store. Not sure why. Or, at least that was the way it work the last time I tried it. I can try again. *%)@ censors. But, sometimes allowed sites can change...

Old 04-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #69
guyjack
Edge User

My problems with Ermine: My EE will not read my SD card, when it was NO problem before the switch. When I download the Amazon app store, I can't install it. It just sticks to the screen saying, "Installing". Even after successful re-registering my EE, the Entourage store will not recognize my EE. When I try to download my books from my 'purchased' section of the Entourage store, it says "Login Failure, could not authenticate your eDGe account". I try to connect my EE to my laptop and as soon as I plug the mini-USB into the EE the LCD screen goes dark and stays that way until I take out the battery. One time when an icon did show up on my computer listed as "E drive", it stuck there as if it was trying to still connect and when I double clicked on the e drive, it was blank. So there is no way for me to even sideload my favorite APK's. I factory reset my EE, but that still did not help.

Can someone from enTourage help me fix these problems?

Last edited by guyjack; 04-03-2011 at 04:14 PM. Reason: adding a line

Old 04-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #70
Michealj
Edge User

dcubed2, you might be best served to e-mail support and explain your unusual circumstances.

Micheal

Old 04-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #71
Hopi
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealj View Post

Micheal
Thanks for the info Micheal. I'll see if I can hold out for the "real" update.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #72
goodspeech
Edge User

For those using Ermine, are you able to purchase apps from the Amazon market via the PE and download successfully? I can download free apps but purchased apps do not show up in the "My Apps" on PE. I usually get a message that the app is not availalble for download yet, check back. Their tech support said that it meant that the transaction had not gone thru yet. They do show up in the "My Apps and Devices" when I am on my acct on a PC. I have called tech support thru Amazon and they had no idea.
Any ideas?

Old 04-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #73
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I had the same issue; according to my tech support the solution is to uninstall the Amazon App and reinstall. He was right in my case, it worked.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #74
Kynareth
Edge User

And I still can't update eventhough I have very stable wifi connection.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #75
canezila
Edge User

I am psyched! Downloading the update now! Cant wait to put Zeam Launcher on it.