Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
markhleonard
markhleonard began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
problem emailing from calibre to kindle 3

Hello can you help me? I am trying to get calibre (version 7.45) to send newspapers to my kindle via email (through the free.kindle address). I am using a gmail account which I have authorised in my kindle account but it doesn't work. I get the following error message:

[[[[[[Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\send_email.py", line 114, in test_email_settings
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 103, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 281, in _get_socket
File "socket.py", line 567, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it]]]

what can I do to fix this?
markhleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Do you have a firewall or an antivirus package that is blocking Calibre's connection to the internet?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
markhleonard
markhleonard began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hi Manichean,
It is a work lap-top so it is possible that there is a firewall or anti-virus. Is there an easy way to check? Sorry to ask such basic questions...
markhleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhleonard View Post
It is a work lap-top so it is possible that there is a firewall or anti-virus. Is there an easy way to check?
Depends on your definition of "easy". Maybe the easiest way would be to ask the system administrator, if you have one. If not, you'll need to find out yourself if there is such a software. If you are running Windows, the best place to look is in the system tray (the area by the clock in the taskbar) or in the control panel.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote