Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Article tweak for title sort not working

I created a new thread to avoid any further derailing of threads. See this post for context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Tweak will be in the next release.

It is 'pre-filled' as today, with A, An, The. You can add what you want, or turn it off completely.
I can't tell what I'm doing wrong, but that tweak isn't working for me in some quite mysterious way. I set it to
Code:
title_sort_articles=r'^(A|The|An|Der|Die|Das)\s+'
to catch the german articles, which it doesn't. It does, however, still catch the english ones, so I believe the expression is correct. (Also, I'm unable to see anything wrong with it...) To clarify, english language books still sort as expected, but a book with the title "Der Golem" still gets sorted in "D" when it should be sorted in "G" with the above expression. I've of course restarted Calibre after including the tweak, and I've tried updating the metadata of the relevant books in the library, nothing has changed the sorting behaviour.
I'll gladly provide further data if needed.

Last edited by Manichean; 10-04-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Minor typo corrected
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I can't tell what I'm doing wrong, but that tweak isn't working for me in some quite mysterious way. I set it to
Code:
title_sort_articles=r'^(A|The|An|Der|Die|Das)\s+'
to catch
the german articles, which it doesn't.
The only thing I can think of is that you aren't really updating the title metadata.

To test, I set my tweak to
Code:
title_sort_articles=r'^(A|The|An|Die|Der|Das)\s+'
which is for all intents and purposes the same as yours. It works fine. I stuck the German articles in front of random titles, and they sort to where they were before, ignoring the articles. In addition, the title_sort field is set correctly.

Try double-clicking on the title in question (Der Golem) so that the edit box opens. Then hit return. Alternatively, try doing an edit-metadata single. Using search/replace to set the title to itself probably won't work, because the title updater tries hard not to do null operations.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I'll be damned... I just restarted Calibre to try out your suggestions, and the book I fiddled with now got sorted according to the expression. Confirmed by double clicking all relevant titles and hitting return, thus updating the title without changing. After a restart of Calibre everything sorts perfectly. I exptected the re-order to happen immediately, which clearly was wrong. (On second thought, a re-order of the title column by just clicking on the header might have worked as well.)
Now I'm off to re-draw my avatar a nice, red embarrassed face. Sorry for jumping to conclusions.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote