Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #61
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
Thanks for your response.
I already checked, the same problem exists in adobeviewer also. Moreover adobeviewer has many more problems like white pages, cutting the words on the edges (in fit width mode), etc., forcing to close the book and open again. My first impression is, pdfviewer is excellent for viewing pdf and I also changed my default setting to pdfviewer.

Another problem with both is - in the zoom option, column mode option is not existing. Even PB user manual says, there is a option to zoom for column mode and defining no. of columns. My firmware is the latest 15.2. I am not sure whether this option is missing in this new version but existed in old 14.2 version.
If this is missing only in the latest firmware, please also include this zoom option in the next release. This zoom option will be quite useful in portrait mode.
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #62
krish
Connoisseur

With pdf file (opened in pdfviewer or adobeviewer) and with any zoom setting, touchscreen is not scrolling up or down the page but jumps to next page starting or previous page starting. Isn't this suppose to scroll up or down the page and at the end of the present page, go to next page?

Is this also a bug or a limitation in the present firmware. If this was not foreseen before for a real scroll up / down function, please also consider this for next release.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #63
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish View Post
With pdf file (opened in pdfviewer or adobeviewer) and with any zoom setting, touchscreen is not scrolling up or down the page but jumps to next page starting or previous page starting. Isn't this suppose to scroll up or down the page and at the end of the present page, go to next page?

Is this also a bug or a limitation in the present firmware. If this was not foreseen before for a real scroll up / down function, please also consider this for next release.
Oh sure it is scrolling up and down. There are two possibilities for that. First: per touchscreen. Just move the page up or down. Second: per keymapped button: I have the left buttons configured for scrolling up and down respectively.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #64
krish
Connoisseur

My touchscreen is not doing this scroll up / down function. I tried my just moving the page up / down. I tried it in both pdfviewer & adobeviewer for a pdf file. I also checked in a prc file opened in fbreader. It is not working there also.
It seems, otherwise touchscreen is functioning - like tap opens the quick access menu, moving left / right at the bottom of the screen goes to next page / previous page start (though as per PB user manual this action should do the scroll up / down, which is misleading).
I calibrated the touch screen already twice and tried. No improvement. Can you please help to resolve this?

Regarding key mapping for buttons, i do not see a scroll up / down option. Do you mean forward / backward option under move menu?
As you see in my post #59 above, i already have this bug and it is not scrolling in certain zoom settings with this buttons mapping to forward / backward.

Thanks for your support
Old 06-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #65
krish
Connoisseur

Meanwhile, I checked on this. This touchscreen problem to scroll up and down is definitely a bug. Presently it works only if the zoom setting is 105% or above. It doesn't work for 100% zoom or below.
With any pdf file opened at standard 100% zoom, if it shows 3/4th of the total page length in one view, scroll up or down with touchscreen is not possible to see the balance 1/4th length.
This, combined with the above other bug regarding scrolling issue by button in portrait mode is a handicap. Please check and consider to resolve these issues in the next release of the firmware.

Also why restricting touchscreen scroll up / down feature in case of prc file in fbreader. It is a natural way to scroll the page up by pushing vertical than the present way to doing left or right movement at the bottom. With this feature, user can also use the complete screen area and not only the bottom. Anyway, here it is still only a matter of taste and not a problem.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #66
andreiastra
andreiastra began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
Problem choosing words in dictionary look-up

Hi,

I just bought a new PB 360. Everything works fine, except the following.

There is a problem selecting words when I activate the dictionary for PDF files:

When I reading a PDF file, I use the pop-up menu to get into the dictionary mode.

Then, I use the arrow keys, as pictured, to navigate to the word of interest. Almost all the time, I manage to get only several key clicks until the I get stuck at a certain word, such as the word 'glanced' above. It does not navigate any further. And I had to exit the dictionary mode.

I also find out that I can navigate around the 'bad' words.

I have no such problem with TXT, or FB2 files.

I using 'reflow' mode for reading PDF files. Also, my software version is E101.15.1 as it came from the store.

Should I upgrade my software? Should I upgrade the Adobe reader?

Thank you,

Andrei

PS. I tried it with a different dictionary (Webster 1913). Same problem.

Last edited by andreiastra; 06-25-2010 at 10:31 AM.
andreiastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:07 AM   #67
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Try it with downgrading firmware to 14.2 this currently the most stable version for the 360. I never had such problem but it sounds like a bug.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #68
acanthicus
Connoisseur
acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-350, PRS-T3
I have a similar problem on the 301 with epubs and AdobeViewer (not with FBReader); I didn't try pdfs:
The first and the last word of every paragraph is not selectable with the cursor (and the word I like to translate is nearly always the first or the last one ) . This happens with firmware 15.1 and 15.2 and I think also with 14.2.
acanthicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:04 AM   #69
andreiastra
andreiastra began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
I found that it happens in 'reflow' mode only.

I downgraded it to 14.2 and it works fine now.

Thank you, guys!

Last edited by andreiastra; 06-27-2010 at 04:16 AM.
andreiastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:41 AM   #70
darkforce
Enthusiast
darkforce began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
- I can't delete any notes even their source books have been deleted. I have to delete by connecting to PC or using poterm app.

- After remove books in favorite list (in created category), all books in category are gone. But it's back to normal when I re-enter that category.

(PB360, FW: 15.2)
darkforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #71
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
It would be nice if the PB302 kept the correct date and time after a reset. As it is after each reset date and time are back to factory settings (31 december).
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #72
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkforce View Post
- I can't delete any notes even their source books have been deleted. I have to delete by connecting to PC or using poterm app.

- After remove books in favorite list (in created category), all books in category are gone. But it's back to normal when I re-enter that category.

(PB360, FW: 15.2)
Please send me more details about thze first bug (PM) Thanks.

I want to know what formats the books with this faulty notes come from, whether the books still exist when you delete the notes and in what drive the books are located in. Thanks in advance. Oh and of course the FW you're using.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #73
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
It would be nice if the PB302 kept the correct date and time after a reset. As it is after each reset date and time are back to factory settings (31 december).
I think you've got a problem with your reader. My PB302 keeps date & time just fine after a reset. Using FW 15.2 but I don't think it was a problem on 15.1.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #74
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcLaren View Post
I think you've got a problem with your reader. My PB302 keeps date & time just fine after a reset. Using FW 15.2 but I don't think it was a problem on 15.1.
I don't mean a regular reset, but a reset after the device has frozen (and the regular reset through the back is frozen too, so the only way to get it to work again is attaching the usb-cable).
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #75
krish
Connoisseur

I refer to my above posts on the below issues with pdf viewer. Can anyone from pocketbook confirm whether these will be solved in the next release of the firmware for PB302.
1. Scroll up and down by touchscreen for zoom settings 100% or below. Presently this works only for zoom 101% or above.
2. Also scroll up / down option (not existing move forward / backward by full screen space but real scroll) for key mapping could be very useful. This I mentioned in the wanted features section.
3. With higher zoom settings, the default position is somewhere in the middle of the page. If I move to left extreme / right extreme by touchscreen and then if I press the key for move forward / backward, it loses the screen horizontal position. It moves forward/backward and goes to centre of the page. Move forward / backward should not disturb the horizontal position. Otherwise it is very difficult to scroll left / right of the screen for every view to move forward/backward.

Thanks for your support