Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #586
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilhopkins View Post
But a constant struggle i've faced is with the index....for image based pdfs, it doesn't go the page indicated in the toc....wonder why!!!.....and I need this...esp for books with lots of pages.
Because the program that generated the pdf did not do character recognition of the images just to pull the page number out.

A common "feature" of any image based document converted to pdf in any pdf reader.

The page number offset will be the same throughout the document. If the image document has continuous page numbers.

If the document is section number - page of section format, you will have to do the offset mental math for each section.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #587
chaplin89
chaplin89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Version 4.7 out -released today 06-29-12-
Some bugfix (better rendering MOBI/EPUB and some crash fixed)
http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/thread-65545-1-1.html

Still no support for localization on K5
chaplin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #588
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Mirrors :
K3
K4NT
KT
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:26 AM   #589
michcss
michcss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hi,
I've got Kindle 4.1.0 Firware (on Kindle 4 non touch) and I'm trying to use newest Doukan 4.7. I've copied DK_System, data.tar.gz, ENABLE_DIAGS and diagnostic_logs to kindle, ejected device, unpluged usb, restart kindle. I goes to "D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags"> “R) Reboot System” > “Q) To continue" and then during installation appears "Device is Kindle 4 WiFi (K4) (OK, DuoKan is ready for the device) ... NEED 48MB, AVAILABLE 0MB, NOT ENOUGH SPACE, SHORTAGE 48 MB, REBOOT in ... seconds...".

I've got stock firware with none modifications, and on the device is over 1gb free space.
michcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #590
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by michcss View Post
Hi,
I've got Kindle 4.1.0 Firware (on Kindle 4 non touch) and I'm trying to use newest Doukan...
...then during installation appears "Device is Kindle 4 WiFi (K4) (OK, DuoKan is ready for the device) ... ....NOT ENOUGH SPACE, ...REBOOT in ... seconds...".
I've got stock firware with none modifications, and on the device is over 1gb free space.
Like said by geekmaster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
It is Duokan that is trying to use more space than you have available on a stock kindle firmware (no hacks installed, and not too many books). That is a Duokan problem.
What can you do now:
  • Can try again after resetting it to factory default ( in case you have a "large number of books" )
  • Can search through the installation scripts (DuoKanInstallK4.sh (or similar) )to find out and to loose this control point
  • Can try to get help from DuoKan team via kindleuser@duokan.com
  • Can search through their official forum to find out the soln

If you upload ...\DK_System\install folder here, I can also try to fix this false (?) alarm.

Last edited by thomass; 06-30-2012 at 05:49 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:03 AM   #591
michcss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Like said by geekmaster:

What can you do now:
  • Can try again after resetting it to factory default ( in case you have a "large number of books" )
  • Can search through the installation scripts (DuoKanInstallK4.sh (or similar) )to find out and to loose this control point
  • Can try to get help from DuoKan team via kindleuser@duokan.com
  • Can search through their official forum to find out the soln

If you upload ...\DK_System\install folder here, I can also try to fix this false (?) alarm.
It seems that this install system has problem with determining any space size, because it displays
"ROOTFS MB
USED MB
FREE MB"
without any values. I've sent them an email.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #592
legenda128
legenda128 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Dear fellows,

I have same problem (or similar) with Kindle 4 NT in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ent+user+store

I started trying to install two different versions of duokan and got message that I lack 8mb of free space. Yesterday I tried with newest duokan version ((K4 None Touch)2012-06-29.C12125.rtm) and now lack 40mb of free space. Here is picture:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/kidle.jpg/
legenda128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #593
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legenda128 View Post
I have same problem (or similar) with Kindle 4 NT in this thread:
Quote:
It seems that this install system has problem with determining any space size, because it displays
"ROOTFS MB
USED MB
FREE MB"
without any values. I've sent them an email.
it seems that DuoKan has a good but not correctly working check point for K4. Just commenting out of this part of the script ( if it is possible) would be enough to correct this problem.
since the problem is the same soln is also

BTW: If it complains about the lack of 40mb this means that it tries to check free space in the system partition( / ) or (less likely) mnt/us not the var/local.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #594
michcss

Quote:
BTW: If it complains about the lack of 40mb this means that it tries to check free space in the system partition( / ) or (less likely) mnt/us not the var/local.
In my case it lacks of whole 48MB on never modified kindle firmware. Commenting out could work but I'd like to be sure that this is the only problem in this firmware installation, and after that there is no more severe problems - maybe after receiving email they will at least test it.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #595
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
In my case it lacks of whole 48MB on never modified kindle firmware. Commenting out could work but I'd like to be sure that this is the only problem in this firmware installation, and after that there is no more severe problems - maybe after receiving email they will at least test it.
That install script reads as if it has several problems.
Simply commenting out the tests might work short term, but would not be a safe thing to do since somebody's machine may really not have enough space.

Also:
I was unable to find the source archives for this DuoKan binary.
Anybody have that link (translated from Chinese)?
Old 06-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #596
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Also:
I was unable to find the source archives for this DuoKan binary.
Anybody have that link (translated from Chinese)?
They did not release the source codes for the binaries.
There are some sh scripts in the DuoKan installation zip. They may be responsible for this. We solved some problems in that way before.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #597
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
....but I'd like to be sure that this is the only problem in this firmware installation, and after that there is no more severe problems
I agree.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #598
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
They did not release the source codes for the binaries.
There are some sh scripts in the DuoKan installation zip. They may be responsible for this. We solved some problems in that way before.
As I posted, the install.sh script looks like the source of several problems.

I also looked at the binaries that would be installed.
There is a lot of stuff in there that I recognize as GPL licensed.

I, personally, have no interest in supporting the work of I.P. thieves.
That is my personal opinion, others may have opinions that differ, that is their business.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #599
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I, personally, have no interest in supporting the work of I.P. thieves.
Unfortunately DuoKan is our best alternative to read PDFs on Touch
Old 06-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #600
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Unfortunately DuoKan is our best alternative to read PDFs on Touch
I understand, in the real world, Sh.. Happens.

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf