Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #46
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman220 View Post
I don't feel "the force with me" yet... Im unfamilar with Kindle developing, but trying to get into ) geekmaster, did the "C" works on your one? )
"Source", not "force", as in UTSL: http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictiona...he+Source+Luke

I did not try the "C" key... I have other projects taking my time... But the "C" compiler works fine...

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-03-2012 at 01:01 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #47
roman220
roman220 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G/Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
"Source", not "force", as in UTSL: http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictiona...he+Source+Luke

I did not try the "C" key... I have other projects taking my time... But the "C" compiler works fine...
Mine one works fine too, but I just have a KT3G for only 3 days and doesn't familar to much with Amazon hellish software. Will be great if some one can tell how to rebuild source and what software I will need on ubuntu box.

p.s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_the_Force_be_with_you
roman220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #48
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Mine one works fine too, but I just have a KT3G for only 3 days and doesn't familar to much with Amazon hellish software. Will be great if some one can tell how to rebuild source and what software I will need on ubuntu box.

p.s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_the_Force_be_with_you
There are a couple of currently active threads here that include setting up a build environment and on getting started (and both happen to be using Ubuntu).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #49
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
I saw that movie in a "sneak preview" two weeks before the original theatrical release.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:13 AM   #50
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
I recently install xterm app, but seems to be pressing upper key "C" does nothing, lower one works. Am I unlucky or is it a real bug? Thanks.
Hi!
Some keystrokes are intercepted by some kindle app. To overcome this problem you should choose securekbd option from xterm menu. I tried to set this option in the config file, but somehow it is not activated on startup.
Please set it manually.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-06-04T11_32_34-0200.gif
Views:	358
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	87279  

Last edited by baf; 06-04-2012 at 05:34 AM. Reason: screenshot
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #51
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Why, Just Why, does the keyboard keep crashing !?! I have to reboot my kindle when that happens. Here is a list of times it crashed:
Using lynx browser, two clicks away from downloading a file
Using nano, two spaces away from where i wanted to edit (file contents deleted after reboot :-( )
And others. Maybe add a script that reloads the matchbox keyboard (killall matchbix-keyboard; matchbox-keyboard) when user touches top left corner.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #52
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Why, Just Why, does the keyboard keep crashing !?! I have to reboot my kindle when that happens. Here is a list of times it crashed:
Using lynx browser, two clicks away from downloading a file
Using nano, two spaces away from where i wanted to edit (file contents deleted after reboot :-( )
And others. Maybe add a script that reloads the matchbox keyboard (killall matchbix-keyboard; matchbox-keyboard) when user touches top left corner.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #53
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Matchbox-keyboard is under development and probably should be considered unstable. It is even difficult to download anything from the maintainers page. When I have some free time, I will test another version from git. I built it but unfortunately it requires different layout config files, so it is not a quick replacement. Alternatively there are more virtual keyboard projects, which may be taken under consideration here. But I need time, which I am very short of now.
For the time being you may try to download latest version of the whole package from my webpage. I have rebuilt it with some optimization settings, which probably will not be of any help regarding this issue.
A way to restart keyboard when it dies would be a good temporary solution. I will think about it.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #54
aditya3098
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Matchbox-keyboard is under development and probably should be considered unstable. It is even difficult to download anything from the maintainers page. When I have some free time, I will test another version from git. I built it but unfortunately it requires different layout config files, so it is not a quick replacement. Alternatively there are more virtual keyboard projects, which may be taken under consideration here. But I need time, which I am very short of now.
For the time being you may try to download latest version of the whole package from my webpage. I have rebuilt it with some optimization settings, which probably will not be of any help regarding this issue.
A way to restart keyboard when it dies would be a good temporary solution. I will think about it.
Yes, I have the latest. The restart would be perfect because the xterm does not die.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #55
neva
neva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I recently install xterm app, but seems to be pressing upper key "C" does nothing, lower one works. Am I unlucky or is it a real bug? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Hi!
Some keystrokes are intercepted by some kindle app. To overcome this problem you should choose securekbd option from xterm menu. I tried to set this option in the config file, but somehow it is not activated on startup.
Please set it manually.
Hi baf,

I was having exactly the same problem as roman220, capital "C" and CTRL-C were not working, but setting securekbd option like you suggested worked nice! What sucks is that when securekdb is enabled, background turns black an letters are white, what isn't very pleasant. I think that all combinations of keys (ALT, CTRL, Shift) with "c" don't work by default on my kindle.

Thanks for your excellent work on this app!

Regards from Brazil,
neva
neva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #56
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neva View Post
What sucks is that when securekdb is enabled, background turns black an letters are white, what isn't very pleasant.
Great to hear that people are using this app in Brazil

To get rid of the black background, just select "reversevideo" option from vt menu.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #57
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
The restart would be perfect because the xterm does not die.
I put new version on my server. When you click upper right corner (40x40 px) main menu will pop up. In this menu you will find new item: "restart keyboard". Please test. It was quick fix, so I might have spoiled something.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #58
baf
Evangelist

Another quick update.
XTerm version 0.5 makes xterm work in "secure keyboard" mode by default (XGrabKeyboard), which prevents kindle from intercepting some keystrokes. Also layout of the menus is slightly improved.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #59
aditya3098
Guru

For some reason, the keyboard no longer crashes! Awesome
Old 06-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #60
ReddishShift
ReddishShift began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Is there any way I can increase the size of the font that it uses. Old people like me struggle with such a small one :-)
ReddishShift is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons