Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
Odyssey bricked after updated to version 4.0 (build 1481)

Yesterday I updated my odyssey to 4.0 (build 1481), after updated I used about 2 hours, everything is ok. I change the setting of standby to 30 minutes (I turn off this setting before).

Today, I try to turn on the odyssey, but nothing happened, even I try to connect to computer, the device didn't recognized by the computer. I've tried to slide the power switch more than 2 minutes, but nothing happend.

I don't know this only happened on my device or for all Odyssey, hope Booken can solve my problem.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I Try to charge for about 20 minutes, after that I can do a restart with the power slider. Now I turn off 'Auto Power Off'. The battery indicator at the position almost full, I think the problem not in the empty battery.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:50 AM   #3
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
The charge reads of LiPo batteries are not very reliable, especially before the first ~10 charge cycles. It is better not to completely discharging them, but recharging when reaching ~50% of the battery.

I have installed the latest firmware, tried to reproduce your issue but failed. I think your device froze because of a charge problem.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
sucah
Connoisseur

I have put about 300 books in main memory on 3 subdirs, 5 additional fonts, about 600 books on SD, 6 subdirs. This morning my device still slow respons on my touch or power slide, the blue LED always light on. After 3 minutes, I charge and slide the power switch many times and at last reboot.
Now I try to reinitialize and watch after that.
Thank you AlPe for the response.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:10 AM   #5
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you charge your device properly? That is, charging it at least for 6-10 hours before use?
Old 12-21-2011, 04:18 AM   #6
sucah
Connoisseur

Yes, the first time I charge for all night.
After reinitialization, my odyssey is better, but cannot go to sleep, I have set Auto Power Off to 10 and 15 minutes.
Now I reinitialization the device once again.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #7
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Be careful, having wifi on, prevent the device to go correctly in sleep mode (bug or not I don't know) so be careful to not keep wifi activated!
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
sucah
Connoisseur

I turn on wifi when downloading update only. After reinitialization for second time, My device is more stable, the only problem is cannot go to sleep automatically.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #9
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Someone reported that his device does not enter sleep mode when a microSD card is plugged in. Is this your case?
Old 12-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #10
sucah
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Someone reported that his device does not enter sleep mode when a microSD card is plugged in. Is this your case?
Yes the same problem, and with microSD inserted, if there is no action after some hours, the device not easy go to ready mode, must slide the power many times.