Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
bumblesby
bumblesby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bumblesby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bumblesby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bumblesby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bumblesby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Sony future and the new Nook 2

Saw this video on YouTube today where the new Nook2 is being displayed at BEA. Full touch screen and WIFI. It is now being displayed on Barnes & Nobles website for US $139.00. This fall should be very interesting to see what Sony is going to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpaRtYGhgx8&NR=1
bumblesby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
barium
Connoisseur
barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Looks fantastic. I probably would have bought that if it had been out when I got my PRS-350.
barium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
Leyor
Ninja Librarian
Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Cybook 3. gen, Sony T1, Kindle Paperwhite
Both the Kobo and Nook looks great, although the Nooks touch screen seems a bit unresponsive at the demo.

I notice that alot of places are running out of Sony's, and the remaining places are having clearance sales, hope it's in anticipation of new models coming.

I have a hard time imagining how they can improve the readers with the current technology though. We already got the best e-ink screens, and touch. Maybe they'll add social technology which seems to be trendy (hope not, hate it).
Leyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyor View Post
I notice that alot of places are running out of Sony's, and the remaining places are having clearance sales, hope it's in anticipation of new models coming.

I have a hard time imagining how they can improve the readers with the current technology though. We already got the best e-ink screens, and touch. Maybe they'll add social technology which seems to be trendy (hope not, hate it).

I couldn't agree more on both counts!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Since I own the Nook Classic, I may have gone with the Nook Touch if it had been out sooner. As it is I like my Sony 350 because it is the perfect size for toting around. Plus I like the case design & the color of my pink Sony.

I never used the Wifi on my Nook for anything but buying from B&N. Did not use the web browser more than once.

So all in all I am pleased with my Sony purchase. BUT I am curious about any future Sony readers. I do know a lot of people want to see Wifi on the 650, personally it doesn't matter to me. It sure is fun seeing what new stuff comes out each year though.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote