Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Following multiple series

HI guys I was wondering is there a website or software where I can list all the series I am reading are listed and I am informed when a new book in a series is going to be released.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
Randolphlalonde
Author
Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone
There are a few online services that help with that, like WeRead.com, which will recommend books based on the ones you list as being read. When the new George R.R. Martin books came out, it suggested I pick them up because I already had the rest of his series marked.

As for a service that notifies you with an email or text or somesuch, I haven't seen one, but I'm sure some web developer somewhere may like hearing that as a suggestion... hmmm... maybe I'll bug Mark Coker at Smashwords, not like he doesn't have enough on the go already...
Randolphlalonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Fantastic fiction is a good site for getting series order and learning about new releases, but I don't think they email you when new books are coming out. I also like goodreads for keeping track of everything I've read.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
I use goodreads.com but i don't think they have email notification for new books.
CMIIW
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Sounds like a perfect feature for some enterprising and forward thinking ePublisher to implement! Buy the first book of a series on Amazon/BN, etc...then when the next one is available, get a notification right on the device...at a DISCOUNT since you got the first one from them!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #6
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I've used this site (but like the others for research existing books, not new ones)

http://www.fictiondb.com/
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:14 PM   #7
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I use both Fantastic Fiction and Amazon for that, but I still sometimes miss announcements. As far as I am aware, there isn't a service you can sign up for to send you notification when new releases in a chosen genre or genres are coming out. I keep up as best I can by friending the authors I like on Facebook, or joining their fan pages, or reading their blogs, plus the aforementioned sites.

p.s. kjk, that's a good idea and might make someone some money someday!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #8
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I read a 180-200 books a year so it means I am most probably following over 50 series the names of many I have even forgotten.
Its easy finding the series if they are from the best selling authors
then just reviewing a weekly top 10 or 20 best sellers.
Maybe I should add this as a an enhancement request in calibre
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #9
Randolphlalonde
Author
Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone
I know this probably doesn't help, but when I release a new book I email all the readers who have sent me mail.

I know a few other authors who have a mailing list as well, that may be time consuming, but you could always start dropping your favorites a note or see if they have a mailing list on their website you could sign up for.
Randolphlalonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:01 AM   #10
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Fantastic Fiction here.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:07 AM   #11
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Fantastic Fiction is a great site. If you search by author, before the author's biography there is a small rss icon: you can subscribe to rss feeds about this author's new releases.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote