Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #31
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
these devices are in their infancy. the screens these days are horrible compared to what we'll have in 5 years.
How long do we have to label these things as being in their infancy? Five years ago they looked and behaved exactly the same way. Not even human are called infant at five years of age.
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #32
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
spaze... weird, lending out a device discontinued a year or so ago... this thread was last used in January 2010 to give you some idea... the technology has already moved on and the 600 was long replaced by the 650 which doesn't have the reflection problems. You are actually commenting on things relating to some time ago that have already been fixed with the later x50 models. Wonder where the library 600's came from, everybody has criticised them when they were the current readers...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #33
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaze View Post
In addition to Bookathon's trial while combing hair, I also tried it while making coffee, taking a pee, walking out my dog, putting on my socks and flipping through channels on my TV. I always saw a reflection of myself.

I also showed it to my 6 and 7 years old daughters and they thought it was a mirror. My wife started to use it for make-up. My neighbor wasn't home so I couldn't confirm the reflection.
Clearly, you need to become a vampire.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #34
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Holy old thread, Batman!
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do think this thread should be closed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #36
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Surely not, I was thinking of finding a 500 one to spread things out a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I do think this thread should be closed.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:27 AM   #37
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

WHy should it be closed? It is still on sale, perhaps not in your side of the planet but there are plenty other countries out there you know.

http://www.elibris.fi/sony-prs600-to...1vacdjulg7lck6

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Digital-R.../dp/B002MWYUFU

And even Sony USA is still promoting it on their website:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665921192

So how is it out-of-date and this thread not valid anymore?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #38
spaze
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
spaze... weird, lending out a device discontinued a year or so ago...
What? Here in Finland we just started getting ereaders in libraries.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
WHy should it be closed? It is still on sale, perhaps not in your side of the planet but there are plenty other countries out there you know.

From SonyStyle re the 600... No longer available for purchase at Sony Style.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #40
elcreative
Wizard

Since I'm in the UK, it's hardly the other side of the planet... the PRS 600 ceased MANUFACTURE early last year and was replaced by the PRS-650 worldwide. It isn't for sale on Sony's site as JWolf says and just because your library is now using them doesn't alter the fact that it's acquired old ereaders that received a great deal of criticism when it was the current model.

The thread is out-of-date because the model has been replaced by one that actually deals with the reflectivity problems which made your "When will they ever get it right..." comment completely pointless as the model is long replaced by a newer one...

Quote: