Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 03-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Simplified DVD to PDA Process with HandBrake for Mac

Great news if you're a Mac user and want DVD's on your PDA. HandBrake 0.7.0beta1 was released on Wednesday.

New features include:

*Chapters selection
*Custom framerate
*Subtitle support
*Automatic check for update
*Custom aspect ratio
*Audio samplerate selection
*mp4/H.264 output
*Proper NTSC support
*AC3 pass-through
*Progress bar in the dock icon (OS X)
*2-pass H.264 encoding
*Constant quality encoding
*Grayscale encoding
*Up-to-date BeOS UI

This is a great boon for those of us who have felt shafted by the dearth of available software to make this process easier. Now instead of using the software cocktail I needed before, I can just pop in the DVD and choose my preferred settings and VOILA! DVD on SD ready for playing on MMPlayer.

Let me know how this works for you guys.
POL9A

Last edited by BobR; 03-25-2005 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Deserves Front Page Exposure
Old 03-26-2005, 10:50 AM   #2
espc31
espc31 began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T3
I have been using it for a couple of days now and I must say it is a great leap for OS X users. I am now able to encode DVDs for Kinoma player without having to first go thru divx or avi then thru kinoma producer. I encode straight to mpeg4 using the same settings Sony uses for there trailers to be viewed on PDA. My T3 with a 1Gb Kodak SD card can hold about 4 movies.
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 04:31 AM   #3
winniel
Banned
winniel began at the beginning.

Device: none
Actually, VLC Player is the best one to play DVD and videos on Mac.

removed spam links

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 02-07-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:46 AM   #4
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Way to go ... digging up a 4 year old post