Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #16
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I had to CALL three times to get B&N to fix my account. The transfer would start, a few books would import, and then one of the books would error and it stalled again.

I also have issues with two books not being the ones I bought, and also, 11 of them have ePub errors that Calibre can't fix, so they are unreadable. I also have the original .pdb files, so I haven't lost anything.

Sadly, you have to call constantly to get anyone to work on your account. email gets no help on this project.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #17
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
I agree - you have to ring and 'remind them' several times. I emailed B and N thr' customer services and I was told to go thr the fictionwise customer services - I got no reply but about 2 weeks later my books 'arrived' - probably a coincidence as I had phoned a couple of times over the previous months (direct line 855 654 9332). I e-mailed as I was slightly paranoid they couldn't understand my accent (english) and I wanted a written reference of my complaint.

The books all seemed to appear on my US library but the book shelf on the UK nook site only displays ~50books - I can't see my entire library at one time. So I have to download what I want from the US site. I have found one book that just gives me an oops message and I have e-mailed them about that. The rest I haven't checked that well yet as i have lots of other stuff to read and I did download the rest from Fictionwise when it closed
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #18
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I received this e mail today, telling me what I had already found out that the books had been transferred across
'Dear Fictionwise/eReader Customer,

In December, all account holders were notified by email of the January
31 deadline to have Fictionwise and/or eReader books transferred to your
NOOK library. The deadline was extended to April 26.

You recently contacted us regarding the transfer of some or all of your
titles to your NOOK library. We thank you for your patience during the
transfer process.

We?re happy to tell you that we have transferred all eligible titles to
your NOOK library. When you access your NOOK library (see below link)
on your device or computer, you?ll see the titles available for
download. https://www.barnesandnoble.com/signin/popup

You can read your eBooks in your NOOK Library on any one of our NOOK
devices or NOOK Reading apps (see below link to download any of our NOOK
Reading Apps).

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook...apps/379003593

Please remember that not all titles are eligible for transfer; for a
list of excluded titles, click

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/contai....asp?PID=45600

If you are new to NOOK and need assistance managing your NOOK library,
please visit our help pages at www.nook.com/support. You'll find
answers to most questions on our site.

The Fictionwise transfer program has ended, and we are no longer
responding to Fictionwise-based queries.

Happy reading!

Barnes & Noble/NOOK'
Old 07-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #19
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
I have been ringing the direct line every couple of months since December.

No codes, no books, "a few weeks" now "no date".

Jam tomorrow indeed.

Any suggestions ?

Subject: News About Your New NOOK(R) Library
Date: 21 December 2012
"Thank you for opting to transfer your Fictionwise or eReader Bookshelf to a NOOK Library.

We will continue the transfer process in the New Year, by delivering your transferrable titles directly to your new NOOK Library. If you have already created an account at NOOK.co.uk, then you do not need to do anything more in this process as any transferrable remaining titles will appear automatically in your NOOK Library."

Huh Huh Huh.

Ho Ho Ho,
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #20
Mort1997
Wizard

Well as I mentioned I emailed them after ringing them several times because I wasn't sure they understood me. I contacted B and N customer service and got this reply below
'Thank you for writing to us.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience experienced.

>From the information you provided, your question is regarding an item
purchased directly from Fictionwise/eReader.com. For further
assistance, please review the Help sections on www.fictionwise.com or
www.ereader.com

You may also contact them by clicking on one of the following links
below or by calling toll free 855-654-9332. Agents are available
Monday-Friday 8AM-11PM ET, Saturdays and Sundays 9AM-11PM ET.

http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=support

http://www.ereader.com/servlet/mw?t=help&si=59

We hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Kareen

Customer Service Representative
Barnes & Noble
http://www.bn.com/

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
e.mail sent to B and N

HI,

I am a former customer of Fictionwise and I have been waiting for
sometime for my books from this account (100 plus) to be transferred to
my Barnes and Noble account. I have phoned Barnes and Noble on a couple
of occasions (over the last 6 weeks) but I have seen no results from
this and thought it may be wise to put this query in writing. Will I be
getting the books transferred across soon?'

I contacted Fictionwise thr the link ( and got no reply) but the books appeared a couple of weeks later. Possibly a coincidence and I simply got lucky - lets hope it is your turn soon.
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #21
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
There is a specific email address in regards to FW transfers listed on the FW home page fwer@barnesandnoble.com as opposed to the regular B&N CS stuff. Don't know which you used, but if you didn't use the specific one maybe trying that will get a better answer. Not that I'd be overly hopeful.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #22
Catsnkites
Connoisseur
Catsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Libre
OH NO! I must have missed the FW transfer stuff .... UGH! looks like the e-mails went to spam ... darn it! I have my books in ADE on my computer and on my Nook Classic. Does that mean I can't put them on another reader/tablet? I'm pondering a Nook HD or an regular android tablet ...

Went back and checked ALL my e-mail ... I got ONE notice in November ...that'll teach me!

Last edited by Catsnkites; 07-17-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Catsnkites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:41 AM   #23
Mort1997
Wizard

I have always found that Apprentice Alf is a good guy to know for these situations when I want to keep hold of the books I have purchased for myself.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #24
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsnkites View Post
OH NO! I must have missed the FW transfer stuff .... UGH! looks like the e-mails went to spam ... darn it! I have my books in ADE on my computer and on my Nook Classic. Does that mean I can't put them on another reader/tablet? I'm pondering a Nook HD or an regular android tablet ...

Went back and checked ALL my e-mail ... I got ONE notice in November ...that'll teach me!
Your ADE books can be put on any ebook reader registered to your ADE account. Your nook books can be put on any device that understands the name/number key that they require. Providing you don't forget the exact name and number needed.

But my advice is the same as Mort's. Give Apprentice Alf a google.

(Incidentally, if your ADE installation on your computer isn't registered with an AdobeID, you are very much at risk of losing access, as they can ONLY be read on your computer, and if you ever have to reinstall ADE you'll lose that access too.

If you are in this situation, DO NOT register an Adobe ID now, as that will just cause you to lose access to your books immediately. Apprentice Alf's help should enable you to rescue your books so long as you can still read them in ADE.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #25
Catsnkites
Connoisseur
Catsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipse

ERG .... ok, I downloaded Calibre, installed the Alf plug-in but it still won't open my FW books ... I must have done something wrong, but where to I go to ask for help?
Old 07-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #26
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsnkites View Post
I must have done something wrong, but where to I go to ask for help?
The same place you got the plug-in.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
Catsnkites
Connoisseur

Got it figured out! YAY! I can now access my books with out worry .... glad I only had a 100 or so, would have hated to do more! And, it turns out, I was not accessing them though ADE, so I would have really lost them if I had to get a new computer or whatever ... Thank you for all the help here!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #28
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Persistance has paid off. I finally got the magic email saying that B&N has transferred my books to their site. Opened my Nook reader on my ipad and there they all were!

Excited to see them all again, and all on my iPad.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #29
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Persistence pays off.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #30
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
Persistance has paid off. I finally got the magic email saying that B&N has transferred my books to their site. Opened my Nook reader on my ipad and there they all were!

Excited to see them all again, and all on my iPad.
Wow. Thanks for the update. I'm astonished to find that they've still actively working on the tranfers six months after they were supposed to finish.

Perhaps your post will encourage others who are still waitin to nag B&N a bit.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote