Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-06-2014, 03:49 AM   #106
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
New version: 1.3.4

Hi everyone,

I have incorporated another feature request. It is now much easier to open another EPUB file located in the same folder as the current file using a ComboBox located above the cover image.

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.4
Recent Changes:
  • The program now scans current directory for other EPUB files. Title bar shows the number of the current file and how many EPUBS are present. User can change file using the ComboBox located above the cover image.
  • Properly handle XML special characters in relevant fields (Title, Calibre Series, Publisher and Subject).
  • Handle non-standard OPF namespace tags.
  • Bug fixes (like clearing new HTML description field between books).
  • Minor code-cleaning and "procedurisation".

Sincerely,
Ben
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #107
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

New version: 1.3.5

Hi everyone,

Wow, another update! Well, someone had some good feature-request suggestions ;-)

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.5
Recent Changes:
  • Rename template now has all CAPS options; also subfolder creation option made explicit.
  • File selector now does not show files in sub-folders of current folder.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Advert
Old 05-17-2014, 01:30 AM   #108
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.6

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.6
Recent Changes:
  • Fix for missing cover panel not being cleared between opening books.
  • Provide suitable error message if DRM encountered.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:50 AM   #109
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.7

Hi everyone,

A couple of feature requests and a bug fix:

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.7
Recent Changes:
  • Handle ampersands in Creator fields
  • Handle paragraph breaks in Description field
  • Fixed a bug where the Description would not appear on loading first EPUB

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:08 AM   #110
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.8

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.8
Recent Changes:
  • Properly handle XML characters in Creator "file-as" fields
Advert
Old 08-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #111
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.9

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.9
Recent Changes:
  • Minor fix for covers not appearing when adding cover using "paste image" in the context menu
Old 08-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #112
singleot
singleot began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I've been trying to use your program to edit images on some of my epub books, I'm running xp. Every time I try to close the work, after saving, I get an error.

The instruction at "0x04b1188c" referenced memory at "0x04b1188c". The memory could not be "read".

And asks that I click the button to close the app.

All I did on the last try was tell it to fix the cvg on the image I believe.
singleot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:55 AM   #113
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleot View Post
I've been trying to use your program to edit images on some of my epub books, I'm running xp. Every time I try to close the work, after saving, I get an error.

The instruction at "0x04b1188c" referenced memory at "0x04b1188c". The memory could not be "read".

And asks that I click the button to close the app.

All I did on the last try was tell it to fix the cvg on the image I believe.
It helps the debugging process if you attach the problematic EPUB file. I would suggest starting an issue on GitHub (https://github.com/benchen71/epub-me...-editor/issues) and attach the EPUB there. (You might need to change the file extension from EPUB to JPG to get it to upload though.)
Old 09-05-2014, 01:21 PM   #114
singleot
singleot began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
It has done it with every epub I have tried. Well 5 books. So it is probably something I did earlyer that is causing the problem. Most of my books have been converted on convert-com or with calibre. And I had mixed luck with calibre on the meta data images, so I was trying your program but it didn't work for me and I was hoping it was a known problem. I'll just move along and find another way.
singleot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:58 AM   #115
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.10

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.10
Recent Changes:
  • Added appropriate error message if trying to save to a read-only file.
  • Main interface now disabled when working with files in batch operations.
  • Added new batch task: sequentialise all files into (Calibre) series. Files in the list can be arranged using buttons located on the right of the listbox. When file is selected, its metadata is loaded into the main interface.
  • Batch files list is no longer sorted upon adding files to list. A sort button has been added.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #116
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.11

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.11
Recent Changes:
  • Preserve text in clipboard if user closes program using "Exit" button.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #117
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.12

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.12
Recent Changes:
  • Version info was wrong inside program.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #118
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.13

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.13
Recent Changes:
  • Fixed regression error that stopped the file selector drop-down menu from working.
  • Added a work-around for OPF files with "<ns0:metadata" tags.
  • Fixed an error with descriptions not appearing when "<![CDATA[ ... ]]>" is in the description content.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:37 AM   #119
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.14

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.14
Recent Changes:
  • Fix for Date with extra stuff in the tag that is not an "event type".
Old 11-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #120
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.15

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.15
Recent Changes:
  • Keep file selector box filled after editing opf file (advanced tasks)
  • Allow TAB in file edit window (advanced tasks)