Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Moon + Reader help documentation?

Hi;

New to Android. Bought Moon + Reader Pro, but darned if I can find documentation for this. Does anyone know if any exists? I see threads with different tips, but I'd like to start from square one. Best I can find on the author's site is an FAQ.

Thanks!
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Yes, I would also like to know if there is any kind of expanded training materials or resources. Not adverse to text, video or tutorials - just so they're clear.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Yes, I would also like to know if there is any kind of expanded training materials or resources. Not adverse to text, video or tutorials - just so they're clear.
Sent a support request and received this reply:
"hi, you needn't a manual to use the reader, after you open a book, it'll show you instructions automatically."

end of quote.

Unfortunately, I've found that insufficient.

The lack of documentation, and the (evidently ongoing) issue of not being able to view page numbers, are the only flaws in an otherwise fine reader.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Unfortunately, I've found that insufficient.
Agreed.

While I could spend time playing with the software at random, I have no way of knowing if there is something in there I should be careful using, or perhaps not touch at all.

Game of "Global Thermonuclear War", anyone?

PS: In case the reference is obscure: Wikipedia->WarGames
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Just about all the settings in Moon Reader are safe to play with; feel free to experiment. Actually I don't think there's anything you could do normally in the settings to futz it up that it'd implode. I don't think I've ever managed to hit anything that could futz the app up or be more than a minor annoyance, and I've been using MR for over a year now. Just remember to backup your current settings before you start experimenting, and you should be fine.
Sefiriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:25 AM   #6
dbareis
dbareis began at the beginning.

Device: Android
The lack of good DropBox sync plus the lack of documentation and a dedicated user forum are probably going to get me back to using Fabrik.
dbareis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #7
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbareis View Post
The lack of good DropBox sync ...
I sync Moon+ on two phones and a Nexus 7 tablet with Dropbox several times each day, with no issues.

Quote:
... plus the lack of documentation ...
Okay, I'll give you that one.

Quote:
... and a dedicated user forum ...
Where is the Fabrik dedicated user forum? I know Eric has a blog where he posts updates about Fabrik, but I don't know of any dedicated user forum.

Quote:
... get me back to using Fabrik.
I agree, Fabrik is also a good ereader for Android. So is Moon+.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #8
dbareis
dbareis began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
I sync Moon+ on two phones and a Nexus 7 tablet with Dropbox several times each day, with no issues.
Well thats amazing since if there is no network or any network glitch at all when it wants to sync then it will not sync that book until the next time you open that book and change page. Its not dropbox syncing, its the app.

The "*.PO" book state files are not stored on SDCARD and so can't be backed up by me either.

It also doesn't sync the books themselves. The "Integrate DropBox to My Files" is buggy and visually doesn't remain set but works anyway until the app is stopped. Google Driver integration works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Where is the Fabrik dedicated user forum? I know Eric has a blog where he posts updates about Fabrik, but I don't know of any dedicated user forum
I didn't say Fabrik was perfect or had one, however there is a dedicated XDA thread.
dbareis is offline   Reply With Quote