Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Vampire Diaries

I'll right, I admit it. I really like like reading vampire books written for teenage girls. That brings me to the Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith. In a couple weeks the CW network is going to air a series based on these books, and the commercials for the series look pretty good.

To coinside with the new series they also just rereleased the first two books in the original series, and I had hoped they would be available in an ebook format. No dice.

The sequels Vampire Diaries: The Return: are available but not the original books.

If anyone else was hoping to read this series then please send the publisher an email.

mailto:harperteen@harpercollins.com

The names of the first two books they just rereleased are

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening -- ISBN 0061963860
The Vampire Diaries: The Struggle -- ISBN 0061963879
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I'll right, I admit it. I really like like reading vampire books written for teenage girls. That brings me to the Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith. In a couple weeks the CW network is going to air a series based on these books, and the commercials for the series look pretty good.

To coinside with the new series they also just rereleased the first two books in the original series, and I had hoped they would be available in an ebook format. No dice.

The sequels Vampire Diaries: The Return: are available but not the original books.

If anyone else was hoping to read this series then please send the publisher an email.

mailto:harperteen@harpercollins.com

The names of the first two books they just rereleased are

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening -- ISBN 0061963860
The Vampire Diaries: The Struggle -- ISBN 0061963879
Another Vampire series on TV? I blame Joss Whedon
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, it's Art Wallace's fault.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

I've always thought the 'Angel' series found the right mix between being completely daft (like a lot of the Vampire TV shows/books) and being very good drama. Since then it's all been a bit, dull. Although I'll give this series a whirl when it hits the .torrent sites.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's America's fault. We won't give up the idea of sexy and romantic serial killers. Even vampires are getting the PC treatment: They're not evil, they're victims of a disease, involuntarily rendered "hemoglobin-dependent," and if we can only wean them on cow's blood or something, they'll be okay...

(Can you tell I'm not really into the vampire thing? )
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

Yeah, Angel was good, but it was Art Wallace's series that I first remember (and that was in reruns). I'll give 64 karma points (my max) to anyone that can tell me what series he did.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
It's America's fault. We won't give up the idea of sexy and romantic serial killers. Even vampires are getting the PC treatment: They're not evil, they're victims of a disease, involuntarily rendered "hemoglobin-dependent," and if we can only wean them on cow's blood or something, they'll be okay...

(Can you tell I'm not really into the vampire thing? )
Vampires make the perfect Good Bad Guy. They're the new James Dean, Marlon Brando, and Clint Eastwood.

And Anne Rice's Lestat was pretty evil without being too evil.

Last edited by Daithi; 08-25-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Dark Shadows?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #9
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

Dreams wins the karma. Very good.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Dark Shadows was during my impressionable teen years and Barnabas was why a bunch of us watched it

Sad to say, I did watch this and not in reruns (does that date me?)

Thanks for the K!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #11
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
Vampires make the perfect Good Bad Guy. They're the new James Dean, Marlon Brando, and Clint Eastwood.
But with superpowers. Vulnerability was a major part of what made Dean, Brando and Eastwood so attractive. Vampires don't have that, so they just become unstoppable killers, and...

(oh, Merde, whatever am I doing? I am so out of here...)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
Moejoe
Banned

Dark Shadows - The Revival is on Hulu (for the Americans, not available outside of USA) http://www.hulu.com/dark-shadows
Old 08-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #13
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i didn't like angel, and gave up buffy halfway through or so, but i would have willingly liked true blood if only they hadn't changed the entire charlaine-a-verse (did i say that?) around in the ways that they did. i hear that soon we may be having an anita blake tv movie from lionsgate, too.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #14
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
You can't blame america though, the tv producers are the ones that keep making these shows and judging by the fact that most of them only last one season, it doesn't seem like america are that interested.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #15
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
... "hemoglobin-dependent," ...
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote