Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
ebookguru
ebookguru began at the beginning.

Device: BlackBerry
Free eBooks Coming for eBook Week

Update March 08 - The Books Are Now Available for Download - Just click the top link on our site and subscribe to the temporary mailing list. The first email you recieve after you click the confirmation link includes instructions on how to download your free books.

Also be sure to check out ebookweek.com for even more free eBooks!

Hopefully I am allowed to post this here, since we are a review site, I will assume we would be considered non-competing...

I just thought I would let everyone know that my site has partnered with Champagne Books for eBook week. We will be giving away two of their books for the week March 08 - 14th.

To have some semblance of control over the whole download process, we had to use signups for this one.

Head over to http://www.ebookguru.org Click on eBook Week at the top of our page, and then the official announcement to sign up.

Cheers,

Last edited by ebookguru; 03-08-2009 at 12:05 PM.
ebookguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Maybe you could post about all the free eBooks on MobileRead that people can download for free and you are not limited to just two romance type books. There are all kinds of eBooks here. Enough that most people should be able to find something to enjoy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
ebookguru

I could do that - yes. We feature one site each week that gives away eBooks, so no problem, will make it in next weeks post.

Also the books for eBook week aren't romance books. One is a comedy novel and the other I would consider mystery/suspense.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did go to Champagne Books web site and most of the eBooks shown on the front page are romance. My mistake for thinking it's a romance site.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
ebookguru

They actually own a separate site that publishes just romance, but Champagne Publishes everything. If you want some examples of the types/quality of their books read my reviews on books like Celestial Dragon (one of the best fantasy novels I have read period), Mis Staked, Bestseller by Keith Latch (we gave that one the book of the month award), Forgotten Children...

Cheers,
Advert
Old 02-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #6
ebookguru

I just made another post for this one 5 Types of Readers we're Expecting for eBook Week, and in that post I linked back to this site.

Thanks for letting me post this here. I will also include a link to this site in the final thank you email to everyone who signs up. With the way sign-ups are going I think we'll likely end up with around 1500-2000 people for the event.

Cheers,
Old 02-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
ebookguru

Just to let everyone know I have announced which books will be available for Read an eBook week. If you haven't signed up yet, you'll likely want to.

You can read my announcement here: Read an eBook Week - Only 2 Weeks Left

I am watching this thread (I like these forums) so if you have any questions you can post them here.

Cheers,
Old 02-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

When is it we'll get the links to the free eBooks? I hope it's before eBook Week starts so we can have time to convert into what works best for our reader.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #9
ebookguru

I will make the links available on March 08. At that time I will be sending out an email to all of the subscribers on the list, and the email you signed up with will be the password.

I have the pdfs and the prcs for the books, so you'll be able to download either.

The only thing Ellen from Champagne asked me when she agreed to let us give away a couple of her books was that I counted the downloads and kept some sort of security over the links to download them (hence the reason we're doing it by signup).

I will be setting up AWeber to automatically send out the download links at midnight on March 07.

Regards,
Trevas Walker
Old 02-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #10
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
So--the link goes out on the first day of Read-an-eBook-Week, and they're only in two formats, one of which is widely considered the most irritating ebook format because it's difficult to convert from, and reflow-ability, on those readers that have it, is often troublesome.

Champagne Books offers .prc (mobi) (I mention that because I used ereader books for years, and those are also .prc), .lit, .lrf, .pdf, and .html. Any idea why they're not being offered in the full set of formats? Are these free ebooks DRM'd?
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #11
ebookguru

No the books aren't DRM'd, and I do have the PRC. I'm not sure why she just sent me those two formats. But, that's what I have....

Cheers,
Old 03-03-2009, 01:23 AM   #12
ebookguru

Just to let everyone know - I know a few people have signed up for the free books on our blog site - I just announced a chat with Champagnes authors. It will take place on Thursday March 05th at 9pm EST.

Check out the top post on our site for details.

Regards,
Old 03-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #13
ebookguru

The Books Are Now Available for Download - Just click the top link on our site and subscribe to the temporary mailing list. The first email you receive after you click the confirmation link includes instructions on how to download your free books.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookguru View Post
The Books Are Now Available for Download - Just click the top link on our site and subscribe to the temporary mailing list. The first email you receive after you click the confirmation link includes instructions on how to download your free books.

When trying to download the PRC's the following page appears instead of a download...

System Message

The file has been called from an unauthorized website. Make sure the file has been linked from an authorized domain or IP address. You can add more domains and IP addresses in the configuration file (index.php).

Note: Once the script configuration has been finished you can set off these system messages (index.php).

Run into problems? Script documentation and instructions: ./docu/index.html

Get answers to your questions in the support forum at the website of the Download Center Lite Script on STADTAUS.com.