Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 03:24 AM   #1
techie_007
Enthusiast
techie_007 is on a distinguished road

Device: none
What format to convert too?

Ok, this has probably been discussed a gazillion times already I guess, but what format to use on the PRS-505 for best response/formatting etc?

Most of the files will be text only stuff.

My Source files are in doc/pdf/lit format. I am guessing calibre should be able to convert to what ever format I like, but which one should I use?

LRF? Customised PDF?

PS: My PRS-505 should arrive by tomorrow
techie_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:14 AM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Try converting to both LRF and ePub and see which of the two formats suits your taste. My preference is for LRF.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 04:54 AM   #3
techie_007
Enthusiast
techie_007 is on a distinguished road

Device: none
^^ya, missed out ePub up there.

Hmmm...will try both then

Also, which format is better if it turns out I dont like the default fonts and want to use my own?
techie_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:08 AM   #4
kevin_boone
Enthusiast
kevin_boone began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
I've always had best results with LRF, although I haven't used ePub much.
kevin_boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:09 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i know that for the 700 you can embed fonts using epub without any noticeable loss of speed. i believe you can embed fonts in lrf as well but it causes the file to be very slow to page through.

this thread explains how to specify fonts using css rules, which can be added manually or in calibre. it is for the 700 but it might work for the 505 as well. let us know if you try it out, what result you get.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert