Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
William Carlos Williams: "You Might Kill Someone"

When people dismiss the modernists as "fascists down to a man" (because apparently there were no women modernists in alternate history), I always think of William Carlos Williams. He seems to have been one of the most compassionate poets of the 20th century.

Now that I've read Djelloul Marbrook's story, I have confirmation of what I've long suspected: even Williams' approach to craft was amazingly humane.

Via Tracie Em (a/k/a Tracie Morris):

http://www.djelloulmarbrook.com/blog...t-kill-someone
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
An interesting link, thanks for sharing.

A curious set of threads you've started in the last few days. When I saw the Love of Perception thread I was half-expecting to see Ernest Hemingway, but instead I find you used him under Timeless Burns. And now this. You do get around.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
When people dismiss the modernists as "fascists down to a man" (because apparently there were no women modernists in alternate history), I always think of William Carlos Williams. He seems to have been one of the most compassionate poets of the 20th century.
If he isn't actively trying to disservice casual readers, is he still a modernist?
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote