Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quality of the cover for Paperwhite

I have seen bits and pieces of commentary about Amazon's sleep cover for the Paperwhite, but few comprehensive discussions of it. Here are some things I would like to know

1. Does the leather feel cheap, or is it good quality?

2. How strong is the magnetic closure? Some of the old Sony covers were magnetic, but the magnets were typically very weak. Even a drop onto carpet would cause the cover to come open. Are these covers the same, or is the closure strong and snappy?

3. If there are any Sony T-1 users out there, how does the combined weight of the Paperwhite in the cover compare to the combined weight of the T-1 in the lighted cover? I am guessing that they are about the same (considering that the Paper white itself is heavier than the T-1, but would like confirmation of this.

4. How bulky is it? Again, if there are any T-1 users, is the Amazon cover much thicker than the T-1 cover?

Thanks.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
I can answer a few - the leather feels much better than the Touch cover. It has a texture to it and a nice leather smell. I'm picky about my leather cases, etc, and really like it. The magnet is not "snappy" if I understand you. A drop would certainly open it - sometimes I knock it open just pulling it out of the bag. For me that is not a big deal - the point for me is not to survive a drop but rather to stay closed in my messenger bag. It does that well.

As far as the bulk goes - I don't have a T-1 so I can't comment there. This case adds the same bulk as the previous Touch and 4th gen cases do.
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
It feels nice in the hand, the surface is a little rugged, not smooth like the Kindle Touch cover. It feels like a high quality case that will take some abuse. The magnetic closure is fairly strong/secure.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I agree with what's been said already. I really love this case, it's just so nice. Very nice quality and I love how streamlined it is and how nicely the PW fits in it. I heard some people say the magnet wasn't very strong, but mine seems to be pretty secure. However, as schulzmc pointed out, a drop would open it.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote