Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #61
FredF
FredF can extract oil from cheeseFredF can extract oil from cheeseFredF can extract oil from cheeseFredF can extract oil from cheeseFredF can extract oil from cheeseFredF can extract oil from cheeseFredF can extract oil from cheeseFredF can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 4
WI-FI solution

How about a WI-FI based solution?
It seem to me that physically connecting a keyboard to the kindle is going to be difficult.
So why not use a WI-FI based method? The Kindles own browser could be used as the visualisation window, so no software hacking required. All you would need would be a host computer, something like a Raspberry Pi, which would serve, possibly in as similar way to Kranu's emonitor.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148581, but with text only, which would allow for faster refresh time.
FredF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:31 PM   #62
happycampers
happycampers began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi everyone. I'm still trying to get an e-ink device hooked up to a keyboard.

It's apparently possible with the Onyx Kepler (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywYzZuZmLjc). But I can't find a way to buy it at the moment (I live in the UK and France).

The other android e-readers with bluetooth I could find are:

* Onyx Boox C67ML
* Onyx Boox T68

But I also could not find a place to buy these online.

Also, as far as I can tell the Icarus Illumina (and its clones) are not able to power a keyboard through a usb otg cable.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2017, 03:43 PM   #63
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampers View Post
Hi everyone. I'm still trying to get an e-ink device hooked up to a keyboard.

It's apparently possible with the Onyx Kepler (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywYzZuZmLjc). But I can't find a way to buy it at the moment (I live in the UK and France).

The other android e-readers with bluetooth I could find are:

* Onyx Boox C67ML
* Onyx Boox T68

But I also could not find a place to buy these online.

Also, as far as I can tell the Icarus Illumina (and its clones) are not able to power a keyboard through a usb otg cable.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
1) e-ink Kindles do not run Android.

2) Only the KT3 has Blue Tooth, and it is Amazon-Limited, no one here has been interested enough about providing the missing pieces for generalized BT usages.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #64
happycampers
happycampers began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey knc1. Thanks for your help. I'm still looking for this functionality. More details here
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:43 PM   #65
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampers View Post
Hey knc1. Thanks for your help. I'm still looking for this functionality. More details here
Read the KindleLazy thread.

Then instead of just adding the HID modules, add module support for an entire (wireless - via dongle, not bluetooth) keyboard.

For "good resolution" (a subjective) - you probably want a PW-3

And you had best buy it RSN - before they start shipping with 5.8.8
You need to stop day dreaming, get your act together, and make a purchase.

Or - give up on the Kindles, go with a different brand.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
keyboard, kindle