Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
Darkitow
Enthusiast
Darkitow doesn't litterDarkitow doesn't litterDarkitow doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Unhappy BD doesn't want to use images

So, that's the simple problem. I've been using Book Designer for a while now, and never had the need to edit pictures as I haven't been reading illustrated books for a while, but now I'm trying to tidy a little book that has pictures, and I'm trying to add some of my own. Pictures that are already in the original file seem to be carried well, but the program doesn't let me add any extra picture. When I go to the menu, it loads the picture but it never shows it in the file, not even fter rebooting the program. I've been adding a couple pictures directly in the html file, but I'd love to be able to do it in the program so I can format it well...

¿Any idea of what can be wrong?

Another thing is, the program gives an error when going to the find/replace menu, i'm currently reinstalling it so I'll post it if it pops again when I do.
Darkitow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:07 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Start a command prompt with admin privileges. Change directory to the directory in which you've installed BD, and type the command:

regsvr32 gflax.dll

You should get a message saying something like "library successfully registered".

Images in BD should now work fine.

The "Find/Replace" error is due to not having the dynamic HTML editing component installed in Windows 7. Try to display the find/replace dialog, and then exit BD. Windows should pop up an error saying that the program did not work correctly, and it should then offer to download and install the missing component for you. Let it do so, and all should be well.

Last edited by HarryT; 08-14-2011 at 04:09 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You know, I'm always happy to help, but some small acknowledgement of the assistance, or even saying "thank you" would be nice.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You know, I'm always happy to help, but some small acknowledgement of the assistance, or even saying "thank you" would be nice.
Darkitow hasn't been back since starting this thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

That's precisely my point, Jon .
Advert
Old 08-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's precisely my point, Jon .
I think I did post about this very issue in another thread. It is annoying when you you go and try to help someone who asks for help and then that person doesn't come back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote