Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Latest Version of Calibre and Stanza Problem

I have version 0.7.2 of Calibre installed but I'm having problems downloading books into Stanza on my iTouch. I can access the content server and I see lots of ways to list the books... By Newest, By Title, By Rating... etc.

However, when I choose any of these listing options all I get is a screen with the list title on top and another line that says "Books sorted by..." underneath it. For example, if I choose "By Title" I get a screen that says "By Title" on the top followed by "Books sorted by Title" underneath it. There is nothing else displayed. I use to be able to view the cover of each book and choose to download.

I'm using an older version of Stanza as I never updated the firmware on my iTouch. Could that be the problem or could something else be going wrong?

Importing from an older version of Calibre works fine on another computer.

Last edited by MerLock; 06-17-2010 at 11:37 AM.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The 0.7.x releases of calibre have only been tested with stanza 3.0 so that may be the problem.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is there any plans to get it working with the older versions of Stanza? If not, does anyone know of another way of getting non drmed epub books into Stanza for the iTouch?
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, no plans. I'm really not willing to spend time maintaining compatibility with multiple stanza versions.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You can always try using Calibre2opds (https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Calibre2opds) as a way of managing a Stanza compatible catalog.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
solomon
Connoisseur
solomon began at the beginning.

Device: Win 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
I have version 0.7.2 of Calibre installed but I'm having problems downloading books into Stanza on my iTouch. I can access the content server and I see lots of ways to list the books... By Newest, By Title, By Rating... etc.

However, when I choose any of these listing options all I get is a screen with the list title on top and another line that says "Books sorted by..." underneath it.
Sounds like Stanza is thrown by the new additional tags as Trook is - see my other thread for the hack I'm using.

If you confirm this, perhaps we can unite in begging Kovid for an "old tags" checkbox for the content server....

Richard
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Sounds like Stanza is thrown by the new additional tags as Trook is - see my other thread for the hack I'm using.
I think you mean "links" not "tags" - right? This has nothing to do with Calibre tags does it?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
solomon
Connoisseur
solomon began at the beginning.

Device: Win 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I think you mean "links" not "tags" - right? This has nothing to do with Calibre tags does it?
Sorry, yes, it's the new HTML tags in the HTML links that calibe-server produces. (I'm probably still using the wrong terms.)

Richard
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:27 AM   #9
otce2007
otce2007 began at the beginning.

Device: apple itouch
Unhappy problems with the new version of calibre and stanza for ITOUCH users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The 0.7.x releases of calibre have only been tested with stanza 3.0 so that may be the problem.
i have updated my calibre to 0.7.10 version 2 days ago and my stanza version is 3.0.3(iOS 4.0 tested). i tried to download a new book using the same method as i did with the older version of calibre by clicking the add/plus icon from calibre,then searching for the book in my computer files,then click convert books icon on top,click ok after and then when its finished converting i make sure that my content server in my calibre preferences are set to START SERVER.

i then open my itouch and click Get books,then click SHARED and click BOOKS IN CALIBRE(on Otce07-PC). i would then click BY NEWEST and then click the DOWNLOAD button. it would ask me then "download (whatever the book title) to your library?" and hit DOWNLOAD. after i click it there would be an ERROR message on the top right hand corner. when i click on the ERROR it tells me that IMPORT FAILED,failed to download and import (the book title). Failed writing downloaded book data to:/private/var/mobile/Applications/4B71A542-BC19-4A83-B165-32712778E61/tmp/Downloads/download-13.

i dont know what else to do.i rebooted my computer already and it is still doing that. i also tried changing the OUTPUT PROFILE into IPAD coz thats what they said to do in the user manual but still no luck. should i just stick with the previous version of calibre? what was the previous version before the new 0.7.10 coz im not sure and if that would be the only solution is to stick with the previous version of calibre,where can i download it back? please help me. thanks a lot
otce2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:36 AM   #10
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Try rebooting your phone/ipod/ipad. Stanza occasionally gives me that error, and if I reboot my phone and try again it fixes it. This sounds like a Stanza bug, and you should report it to the guys at http://www.lexcycle.com/

Edit: I just reported my version of this problem here. If that matches your failure, report that you're also seeing this problem. The more people report a problem, the more likely we'll see a fix in Stanza.

Last edited by toddos; 07-27-2010 at 04:45 AM.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote