Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
prusaks
prusaks began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Exclamation Pocketbook 302

Hi, I recently purchased pocketbook 302 and I am almost happy with it. I have several questions:

1. extensions.cfg
When this file is in system\config folder, browser is working fine but I can't open RSS feeds. If I remove it I can open feeds but browser is crushing.

Code:
txt:@Text_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
fb2:@FB2_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_FB2
htm:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
php:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
cgi:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
asp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
jsp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
pl:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
chm:@Z_HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_CHM
rtf:@RTF_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_RTF
doc:@DOC_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
docx:@DOC_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
docm:@DOC_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
prc:@PRC_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
pdb:@PRC_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
mobi:@PRC_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
tcr:@TCR_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
pdf:@PDF_file:1:pdfviewer.app:ICON_PDF
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
djv:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
epub:@EPUB_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_EPUB
jpg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
jpeg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
png:@PNG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_PNG
bmp:@BMP_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_BMP
tif:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
tiff:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
mp3:@Music_file:3:play.app:ICON_MP3
wav:@Music_file:3:play.app:ICON_MP3
app:@APP_file:4:start.app:ICON_APP
2. Browser
I found webkit browser and it is a bit better than minibrowser but is there any way I could convert mini opera? If not, which is the newest webkit browser or is there a better choice?

3. RSS feeds
This is a nice feature but I can only see the list of news not open and read full articles. For example, at http://feeds.mobileread.com/mr/front I am not able to click on the title to read the whole article.

Firmware version 15.2.
prusaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I can answer the second concern. Officially, a port of Midori the browser is in process and will be added in the next firmware update which should come this month.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 03:32 AM   #3
prusaks

thx, bump
Old 08-10-2010, 04:37 AM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by prusaks View Post
thx, bump
Bumping threads is forbidden.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:03 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Where did you get that extensions.conf?
Do you have the original extensions.conf from the reader? It might be interesting to compare the two.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Where did you get that extensions.conf?
Do you have the original extensions.conf from the reader? It might be interesting to compare the two.
Seems to be a russian extensions.cfg (no Adobe)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
prusaks

I removed extensions.cfg file and reinstalled fw from http://www.pocketbook-usa.com/support/pocketbook-302/ Now rss feeds and browser work but 3. is still the same way. Is it supposed to be like that?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by prusaks View Post
I removed extensions.cfg file and reinstalled fw from http://www.pocketbook-usa.com/support/pocketbook-302/ Now rss feeds and browser work but 3. is still the same way. Is it supposed to be like that?
I use the news feeds coming from Calibre. They work really great. As for the RSS feeds from within the 302, they do not really work that good, to put it mildly. (Don't beat me, GIK!)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #9
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I use the news feeds from calibre on my 360. I noticed that they work best if I let it come in as an epub and open with adobe. Then I get a table of contents where I can follow the link to the story.

Jodi
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #10
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Seems to be a russian extensions.cfg (no Adobe)

extensions.cfg with Adobe Reader

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...3&d=1268320969
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, extensions.cfg, pocketbook 302, rss feeds