Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #16
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
No there is no charging circuit in the "light" I have taken both units apart to compare them.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #17
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
On the Ectaco forums, their tech support mentioned that they have the battery charge level set for regular batteries, and they don't suggest using rechargables in the lite. They'll definitely have to change that attitude at some point, having to pay for batteries every week or 2 would definitely kill the savings difference between the lite and the regular...
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #18
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
...and they don't suggest using rechargables in the lite.
Ectaco's website says: "Ordinary rechargeable batteries, of course, can be used as well."

http://www.ectaco.com/ectaco-jetbook-lite/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #19
Stephanos
Connoisseur
Stephanos doesn't litterStephanos doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Anything anyone ever wanted to know about rechargeable batteries, and then some:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...isplay.php?f=9
Stephanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #20
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Ectaco's website says: "Ordinary rechargeable batteries, of course, can be used as well."

http://www.ectaco.com/ectaco-jetbook-lite/
I was going off memory, and went back and checked their other forums, and didn't remember correctly. They recommend Alkaline batteries with Jetbook-Lite.

This discussion aside, instead of getting on the forums and saying they need to support multi-formula batteries, has anybody suggested it to tech support other than me? They were receptive in email, and I was told they would pass it along to management to add it to their to-do list for the JBL (I specifically mentioned alkaline, lithium & NiMH formats to be added, if anybody else wants anything else, they should get in touch with support).

They are actively looking for suggestions & complaints about the devices, and seem to be interested in making their customers happy. I'd definitely say if you have a gripe, email tech support and see if they can help.
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #21
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I started using my jetBook Lite right away Christmas Day, and have read from it some every night.

The battery indicator stayed on four bars until a few days ago. It dropped to two bars two days ago. It dropped to one bar yesterday.

Tonight, it never dropped the last bar. However, after many warnings that the batteries were low, it shut down of its own accord.

So that means that for my usage the original set of fresh batteries lasted 16 days. Ectaco promises 23 hours, and I guess that is about right. I think I got more than that.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:20 AM   #22
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
I put in a set of 2600 mAh rechargable batteries last night. Will keep you informed of progress on it.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote