Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
lordsilent
Enthusiast
lordsilent began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Embedding fonts into PDFs

I have a few pdfs in Japanese and I need to embed the Japanese font into the pdf inorder for it to display on my 700. Can someone tell me how to do this?
lordsilent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Usually, fonts are embedded when the PDF is first made. If I'm making a PDF I always try to embed all the fonts.

However, I think if you have the Full (Professional) version of Acrobat, you can load the document, go into Advanced > PDF Optimizer, then click on "Fonts" on the left, and a box should appear where you can choose which fonts are embedded and which aren't.

If you don't have Acrobat Pro, or something similar, I have no clue how this might be done.

Last edited by frabjous; 03-19-2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: typo
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 05:51 AM   #3
lordsilent
Enthusiast
lordsilent began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Thanks!
lordsilent is offline   Reply With Quote