Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-05-2016, 11:34 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Fire OS 5 Update

Fire (5th Generation) Software Updates

Fire OS 5.1.2.1 has updated to Fire OS 5.1.4 for 5th Gen Fire devices only. 4th Gen Fire devices will continue to run 5.1.2.1.

Quote:
We have a new, free software update available for your Fire (5th Generation). This update automatically downloads and installs on your device when connected wirelessly; however, you can also manually download the software and transfer the update to your device via USB cable.

* On Deck - On Deck downloads Amazon Videos to your Fire tablet so you have something to watch even when you are offline. Videos downloaded by On Deck are stored on your device or SD card depending on your storage setting. On Deck downloads in a special shadow mode, using storage only when it's available, and won't impact performance. When you download apps, videos, music, books, and other content, On Deck automatically makes room – there’s no hassle of needing to clear out the space yourself. On Deck will never block you from using your storage the way that you want. On Deck is currently available on Fire (5th Generation), Fire HD 8 (5th Generation), and Fire HD 10 (5th Generation).

* Download Books and Periodicals to Your SD Card - You can now download Kindle books, magazines, and newspapers to your MicroSD card.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:50 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I got those on the Last update. So whats this current update get us?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #3
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
My Fire 10 HD is still at OS 5.1.2 am I just at the end of the list for the update or have other with the 10 HD received theirs?
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
My $50 Fire updated to 5.1.4 the day I started this thread.

I wonder if 4th gen Fires will get the update?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:35 PM   #5
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes all 3 of my 7" Fires have updated days ago...not the 10.
Advert
Old 06-08-2016, 01:28 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine says Last update April 27th 5.1.2
No updates found ... as of today
Old 06-11-2016, 11:37 AM   #7
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Does anyone know if there's a way to stop the automatic downloads? My HD 8 is very slow to start with and I don't want it to be any slower. My tablet and phone both have 3 gb ram, so I'm used to quicker devices.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:50 PM   #8
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Does anyone know if there's a way to stop the automatic downloads? My HD 8 is very slow to start with and I don't want it to be any slower. My tablet and phone both have 3 gb ram, so I'm used to quicker devices.
Not sure what you are trying to stop, but just turn on airplane mode and nothing downloads. You can then go on Amazon and directly download the upgrade. I'm sure it's there somewhere. Always is.

Katie, I pressed SYNC and happened to go to the spot where you find out what version system you have and it was downloading the new update. After it downloads, it asked if I wanted to update and it did. All done in about 4 minutes. My sister got hers automatically yesterday and she has a series 4. Mine is series 5.

Last edited by Tarana; 06-11-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:44 PM   #9
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Not sure what you are trying to stop, but just turn on airplane mode and nothing downloads. You can then go on Amazon and directly download the upgrade. I'm sure it's there somewhere. Always is.

Katie, I pressed SYNC and happened to go to the spot where you find out what version system you have and it was downloading the new update. After it downloads, it asked if I wanted to update and it did. All done in about 4 minutes. My sister got hers automatically yesterday and she has a series 4. Mine is series 5.
The update automatically downloads movies it thinks you might want to watch. It's called On Deck.

On Deck downloads Amazon Videos to your Fire tablet so you have something to watch even when you are offline. Videos downloaded by On Deck are stored on your device or SD card depending on your storage setting.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:03 PM   #10
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
I don't have the 5th generation Fire, but I did see someone post this On Deck info today:

To disable on deck:
1. From the Home screen, tap Video from category bar.
2. Tap Library, then tap the Menu icon or swipe in from the left edge of the screen.
3. Tap Settings, then tap the switch next to On Deck to turn it off.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 05:00 PM   #11
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
I don't have the 5th generation Fire, but I did see someone post this On Deck info today:

To disable on deck:
1. From the Home screen, tap Video from category bar.
2. Tap Library, then tap the Menu icon or swipe in from the left edge of the screen.
3. Tap Settings, then tap the switch next to On Deck to turn it off.
Thanks! You can also change this under Settings, Amazon Application Settings, Video. I always forget they have settings set up like that. It just seems weird to me.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:50 PM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Wish my Fire 10 would update in 4-5 mins Been 9 HOURS & still not updating!
Old 06-14-2016, 12:38 PM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

My Update is ready to install. when I tap the Install it starts to install then turns the Fire OFF! Its been doing this for a long time. I don't mean it goes to sleep it Totally shuts itself Off! Trying to get it back on is hard.
So how can I get the New Updates???
Old 06-14-2016, 02:50 PM   #14
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

The yellow line goes ALL the way to the end it STOPS! Goes right back to the Tape to Update! This is going on 2 DAYS!
Old 06-14-2016, 03:24 PM   #15
Breathinlady
Zealot

Have you tried to do a restart of the Fire? Often that works for me when things go wrong.