Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #1036
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Technically feasible, annoying to implement. (This has came up before, IIRC, and the fact that it's still not implemented should tell you how much I like the idea... ;D).
IIRC: yup, it has been on the suggestion list before.
I don't recall when/where, but this one isn't the first.

- - - -

Let me see if I can come up with a brand new, annoying suggestion.

All of the suggestions so far have been from optimists. Those who think there might be a tomorrow (or a "next time") to prepare for.
(Weather forecasts, book being read now to return to, etc.)

Well, they also assume they will live to see tomorrow (if it comes), but I am still thinking on how to deal with that fact.
So ignore it for now.

Why not display the Doomsday clock?
Ref: http://thebulletin.org/timeline

It has been done using a micro-computer:
Ref: http://blog.arduino.cc/2013/03/27/ho...oomsday-clock/
tl;dr: https://github.com/tomschofield/Neur...ddon-Indicator

How to "Kindle-ize" this display?

(And to skip any graphic I.P. claims from the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.)
Instead of a clock face, with the segment between the minute hand and the hour hand showing the time remaining -
Use a graphic of a "Panic Button" - with the corresponding segment missing.

When the "Panic Button" graphic is complete, enable it as an input.
When that input is used (touched, clicked, etc), send an "erase all" command to the diagnostics system.

Last edited by knc1; 04-21-2014 at 09:22 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #1037
DropDeadAlex
DropDeadAlex began at the beginning.

Device: PW1, PW3
Another thing, I've begin to depelop in Eclipse for web. Using Spring MVC.

How may I learn to do some kindlet or modify the existing one?
DropDeadAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #1038
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not with this, since that's not a Kindlet at all, just a bunch of shell scripts .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #1039
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropDeadAlex View Post
Another thing, I've begin to depelop in Eclipse for web. Using Spring MVC.

How may I learn to do some kindlet or modify the existing one?
Did you check the threads tagged: Kindlet?
Did you check the master index for the topic: Kindlet?
And:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=237083
Old 04-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #1040
sophistihip
sophistihip began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Big, big thanks to everyone involved with the jailbreak and screensaver hack. It has really improved my kindle experience. I have one small suggestion.

Somehow I missed the troubleshooting paragraph, or mistook the FAQ list for troubleshooting, and I spent hours redoing things and chasing my tail because I was not unplugging the device after applying the update *DOH*.

It would be a minor thing to amend the two places where it says "eject" to just read "eject and unplug". Something to consider for future releases anyway. I don't know how common the issue is but it sure escaped me for a while.

Thanks again!
sophistihip is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #1041
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
I installed the screensaver hack but still has ads. What shall I do?

p.s. Now I found that you do not supply such help. Anyway this screensaver is useless for kindle-ads

Last edited by donMaranzano; 04-22-2014 at 04:22 PM.
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #1042
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by donMaranzano View Post
I installed the screensaver hack but still has ads. What shall I do?
Go to this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474

Open the spoiler under the block title: "Screensavers"
Read the first section: "Note for Kindle Special Offers Users:"
If that isn't complete enough, read the long statement:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200942

- - - -

Then, contact Amazon customer service and have them remove the ads.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:33 PM   #1043
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Today I rebooted my kindle paperwhite 2 and now I had to install jb and ss again.
However, jb was installed, but Im having problems with python file. It gives me 007 error and it wont update.
PW2 firmware is 5.4.2.1

What gives?
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #1044
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

I have problem with the cover, when I made a file last everything is ok. But not the same situation with file named cover. When I turned it off it shows me the last thing that I have opened - page, main menu, but not cover of the book.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #1045
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Geralt: By reboot, do you mean factory reset? In which case, yup, that wipes the JB. Just reinstall the JB.

@donMaranzano: I can't remember the priority list OTOH, but to be safe, delete the 'last' file, and restart your device. (Also, using KUAL to handle these settings is greatly recommended. That won't change the fact that a restart is needed to switch to and from cover mode though .)
Old 05-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #1046
donMaranzano
Zealot

What is this KUAL? Why the last is working but cover not?
Old 05-01-2014, 06:35 PM   #1047
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@donMaranzano:Because they are two different things that work in completely different ways, and you didn't read any of what I just said? (i.e. don't leave multiple mode files laying around, and restart your device).

As for KUAL, I refer you to the sticky thread of the same name.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #1048
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by donMaranzano View Post
What is this KUAL? Why the last is working but cover not?
Kindle Unified Application Launcher. It is stickied in this subforum.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #1049
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Geralt: By reboot, do you mean factory reset? In which case, yup, that wipes the JB. Just reinstall the JB.
Yes.
I did, new jb install worked as I already wrote.
Im having trouble with python file. Wont update and gives me 007 error.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #1050
NiLuJe
BLAM!

U007 is pretty straightforward: signature check failure. In 99.9% of the cases, that's because your device isn't jailbroken.

Make sure your device is in a sane state, reboot it, and try again.

If it still fails, I'm gonna need way more details regarding what exactly you did with your device.

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch