Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Cool Would you sell or return your Kindle Fire for a hypothetical iPad 7 inches?

Let's play with our imagination ....

Let's say Apple finally releases a mini iPad, something close to 300 bucks or less. 7 inches, all iPad apps work there as well.

Would you reconsider and get one? If your only choice is keeping one, would you return your Kindle Fire?

jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:49 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
No, I'd keep it. I'm one of those people who don't like having the same apps/media on every device. So I'd keep my Kindle Fire for my books, music, movies, and for news reading. The iPad would be for word processing, GarageBand, and all the really big/heavy memory stuff.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
No, I wouldn't. A 7-inch iPad wouldn't do anything so much better than my Fire that I'd want to change. If I were to buy a 10-inch tablet I'd consider the upcoming iPad 3 though. I really don't like Apple at all, but they put together some pretty decent hardware.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Never! While iPads are wonderful hardware with wonderful apps (I did own an iPad 1), I HATE being tethered to iTunes and, by & large, being limited/prevented from loading whatever I want onto my tablet. The Fire is open enough to allow me to load virtually whatever I want, and there is no tethering to a cumbersome PC/Mac program. If/when Apple ever wises up to not require iTunes, I may reconsider.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
I refuse to do further business with a company that discourages competition through frivolous litigation. I have purchased Apple in the past.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/03/...ast/index.html

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/a...75?tag=nl.e550

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/12...ts-and-phones/

http://blog.inner-active.com/2012/01...eve-jobs-face/

http://articles.businessinsider.com/...ent-violations

http://www.electronista.com/articles...sung.expanded/

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-25-2012 at 01:11 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
I don't have a Fire, but I have a couple of LCD nooks and, likewise, wouldn't trade them. Apple are losing the respect of many people with their "all nuclear" war, in Job's own words. They want to play a war of attrition knowing they have the deepest pockets, but at the end of the day they are biting the hand that feeds them by alienating customers; this may come back to haunt them.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Definately not. We are up to four Fires and a K79. Our app and book libraries are worth much more than the hardware.

My understanding is that Apple is readying an 8" tablet. This will not fit in my pocket, so it's not even something I'd consider.

I'm so happy with the Amazon ecosystem that I have started hanging SMP-N200s off my TVs with the expectation that Prime will eventually dislodge Netflix.

Thanks for asking ;-)
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #8
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Nope. Never.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
dkb
ebook enthusiast
dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone, Sony PRS-350, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Though I like my iPhone, I've never been fond of iTunes. The last time iTunes updated, it totally rearranged my phone and several of my apps lost their data.

My Kindle Fire does everything I want it to do. I like Amazon way better than iTunes.
dkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #10
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
While I don't own a Fire, I would love a 7" tablet. For me, it would depend on a comparison between the Fire and 7" iPad. Price, features, etc.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
No Way
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:10 AM   #12
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
immediately
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #13
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
Never to any Apple product. I have a windows phone. People should try it. It is better than Apple or Android. I hope Amazon comes out with a Windows 8 tablet. Not that far fetched with them poaching a well placed Microsoft employee. I will consider a larger Kindle Fire if it is thinner and lighter. Or a newer 7inch Fire if thinner and lighter with a memory slot.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
hoosiermama
Enthusiast
hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 2
Not for me. I buy my books and have been buying my music thru Amazon for years. The Fire makes sense for my needs. I have an Android phone and can sideload apps that Amazon doesn't have very easily.
hoosiermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #15
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
No. I wouldn't even entertain the thought.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote