Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-13-2009, 03:02 AM   #1
lishy75
lishy75 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
American in Japan

I'm extremely interested in getting a reader, right now I'm leaning towards the Sony 505 though I haven't had a chance to check out this forum's wealth of information yet.

I'm an American citizen married to a U.S. Marine and we are currently stationed in Okinawa Japan.
lishy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:34 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi lishy and welcome to MobileRead!

There is indeed a wealth of information here! Check out the wiki for information on the wide variety of devices available.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_devices

I have a silver 505 and have been very, very happy with it!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi lishy75 and welcome to MobileRead. I lived in Okinawa back in '69, LONG before eBooks were ever thought of.

I have a Sony 505 and like it a lot. Don't know if they carry them there but the Marine Corps Exchange at Henderson Hall in Arlington, VA has them for $299 which is not a bargain price but is tax free.

Last edited by MickeyC; 04-13-2009 at 08:39 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Hi lishy75, I stay in Tokyo. Welcome to MR. This place rocks
I can definitely say that the Sony Reader, for that matter no other reader, is available here.

However check out amazon.co.jp(for irex iliads and sony reader german) and expansys.jp(for bebook and cybook). But both sell at higher prices.

There is always ebay and a few other vendors who ship internationally.

Enjoy..
hari
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote