Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur
Jonimeesermann began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e71, Ipod Touch, Sony PRS 300
Cool Introduction from Indonesia

Hello, I am Joni from Indonesia.

I discovered this forum when i want to find out how to send ebook from Calibre to my new iPod Touch (which I love very much). The Stanza app is definitely the best way to read in this wonderful device. And then I browse the site, and it looks interesting because, well my main hobby is reading and this is seems the right place to share and finding useful information about reading. Like any other people, my first medium to read is paper and then I move on to read in my computer. But i find that reading in a computer is not really enjoyable experience, because I like to read anywhere I can (lying in bed, while waiting in line, etc) while I have to sit still in front of my computer. So I try to find another way way to read. And then i find an application (mobipocket reader) that make it possible to make my Nokia E71 into an ebook reader. I like it that i can read anywhere i want and load a lot of my pdf files (converted first to prc format) to my phone. And this has been going on for about 2 years. But i must say that reading in little screen that E71 has is making my reading experience to be less enjoyable. With a lot of pushing the button to turn the page and lack of font choice make me look to a device that can satisfy my needs better(I'm way past reading in paper by the way, unless I have to).

At first i'm interested with Kindle. But unfortunately the Kindle is not yet sold in Indonesia as far as I'm concern. My next choice goes to iPod Touch. Initially I was a little cynical about it, because it's size is not really that different from my E71. But then I played around with my friend's iPod Touch. I accidently tap the stanza application and find that it's really pleasing in the eye. The text is highly readable. A lot of choice over backround, text font. and layout (in another word: highly customized).

Needless to say, I am sold. And shortly i buy an 8gb iPod Touch (I don't really need extra space or hardware improvement becauase my main reason to buy it because I want to read on it). My first installed app is of course stanza, and download some public license book in to it. But then i want to know how to transfer my existing ebook collection to stanza from my computer, and I stumbled in to this forum. Fortunately the much recommended software to do the task is calibre which is cross-platform ( I'm running Linux Mint Helena). Calibre and Stanza has been the best combo to make my iPod able to be an ebook reader that i want.

Enough with the talk about device. My favourite book is Tom Clancy's Sum of All Fears. Very good book, with a lot of characted and complicated plot (as Mr Clancy's novels usually are) and exciting ending.
Jonimeesermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Hello Jonimeesermann and welcome to Mobileread - and thanks for telling us about yourself and your ereading experience.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Joni and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hello Joni and welcome to MR
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 04:16 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Joni. Happy reading. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:12 AM   #7
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	bell.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	50604 to the forum, Joni.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:24 AM   #8
hapmas77
Connoisseur
hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, Kindle PW
Hi Joni...
Glad to know that there's somebody else from Indonesia.

Do you know that PalmPoint at Ambassador Mall in Jakarta sold Sony PRS-300 and -600? I saw one when I went there. It's a nice device albeit quite expensive.
hapmas77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #9
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Yay, another Indonesian

I used to read ebooks with Nokia E63 (very similar to E71), and find that ZXReader is a better app for reading on nokia's small screen. It has a nice line by line auto-scrolling, and it is very customizable too.

In case you are still curious about e-readers with e-ink screen, just contact me
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #10
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, ipod touch, stanza