Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Yayafava
Yayafava is on a distinguished road

Device: JBL
Smile Hi all, I'm new to the forum and ereaders

Someone on a group I belong to suggested I come here to find out which ereader to buy.

I used to love reading but due to very limited vision in my old age (61) lol, I have turned to audiobooks. Then I discovered ebooks and enjoy reading them on the computer but I have decided it is time to expand my horizons. Or perhaps go back to.... : )

I also love to crochet and cook. I have most of my patterns scanned onto the computer and then there are the docs and pdfs I have through the internet. Same with recipes.

My original decision to buy an ereader was so I can access my patterns at any time without a computer. And recipes. as my computer is upstairs and, lo and behold, my stove is downstairs. Thought it would be cool to just have access to them on a portable devise.

From there I went to actually reading novels on this desired piece of technology. Science Fiction and mystery are my favorite genres.

I also love reading with my grandchildren. A few years back we were all reading the Harry Potter books together, now its their required summer reading. We take turns and at relevant points, discuss things read or speculate. It is a lot of fun. Often though the books they use are in rather small print, and I miss the reading along with them. Thus, another "need" for an ereader! : )

Now that I have introduced myself (in a rather round about fashion), I'm off to do my research and check out the forum.

Yayafava
Yayafava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

Make sure to check out the "which one should I buy" subforum for future reader decision help.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Greetings and welcome!

Glad to hear that ebooks and ereaders have re-opened reading to you.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Yayafava and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	hi-184.gif
Views:	170
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	45340 Yayafava, and welcome to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Yayafava, welcome to MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
nefferbea
nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony PRS600, ipod touch, Sony 950
Welcome. I am new to the forum, also. It's becoming quite the addiction.

I don't crochet, but I knit and I think that your idea for putting patterns and recipes on the reader sounds great. I'm going to have to give it a try!

Jennifer
nefferbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	0097.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	45368 to you also, Jennifer.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #9
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR to both Yayafava and Jennifer
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #10
nefferbea
nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony PRS600, ipod touch, Sony 950
Yayafava, I loaded 2 of my knitting patterns that I had in Microsoft Word into my reader and it was quick and easy. I put them into a new collection that I named Patterns. Thanks for the great idea!!

Jennifer
nefferbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
nefferbea and yayafaba, Welcome to MobileRead.

enjoy the forums, and don't hesitate to ask questions.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote